Did this really happen at Saints camp the other day? (1 Viewer)

Pulled this from the Aug. 3 photo gallery on the Saints website.

Appreciate the effort but they might not count that because it's not with the fans at the barricades. It's with the kids who had field access for the QB challenge I believe?

2 things bug me with the post other than the fact i doubt it happened

1. dude wrote a huge paragraph but couldn't spell out RIGHT in the first sentence.
2. it's a pet peeve of mine when people feel they have justify and say how long they've been a fan when they say they're a huge fan.

also, tom dempsey last played for the saints in 1970, which puts this guy at least 49 years old and then he would've been a newborn, not a "die hard fan". so add some years, he'd be like mid 50's. so wouldnt his "kids" likely be in their 20s/30s. pretty sure they can live without an autograph.

I agree with points 1 and 2. But just for discussion, I'm 46 and my kids are 6 and 4 years old.

Does this comment make sense to y'all as to why players maybe didn't sign? Story still sounds Falcony

Sometimes I don't even know why I follow some of these group pages on Facebook. The football IQ isn't there at times and sometimes posts in general are just crazy. Saints haven't signed much since Benson passed away? C'mon that's crazy, a whole lot of Falcon crap. 120829

Pulled this from the Aug. 3 photo gallery on the Saints website.

I think he was signing autographs for family, friends, and invited people that was on the field. I was at the Saturday practice I didn't see any Saints players besides Teddy Bridgewater signing an autograph at the 50 yard line bleachers. It's totally up to the players if they feel up to signing autographs after practice, besides that day was extremely hot if I was one of them I would have ran to the locker room or that cool off trailer after practice.

yeah this was my red flag
archie and tom weren't even on the team together
and if the poster was a 'fan' of dempsey - who left in 1970 - that makes the poster somewhere around 60
sure he may be on 2nd, 3rd or 4th family - but it strains credulity

1-the poster never alluded to Tom and Archie being on the team at the same time. It was just some reference to a general time in his life, relative to the Saints.

2-men, in case you may not be aware, do get married late in life and DO have kids late in life. Let’s talk Edwin Edwards, shall we? I’ll digress. So maybe the poster’s kids are 10-12? Or maybe younger. Who knows!

I think you are making too many assumptions, relative to this person’s life.

At the end of the day though. NO ONE, should expect to attend training camp, with the expectation of getting an autograph. Just my opinion and .02

I think he was signing autographs for family, friends, and invited people that was on the field. I was at the Saturday practice I didn't see any Saints players besides Teddy Bridgewater signing an autograph at the 50 yard line bleachers. It's totally up to the players if they feel up to signing autographs after practice, besides that day was extremely hot if I was one of them I would have ran to the locker room or that cool off trailer after practice.

Not true. Drew, Taysom and T’Q. Smith were all signing autographs in front of the endzone seats. I got a visor signed by Drew and Taysom. They had too big of a crowd of kids by Smith for me to get his.

Not true. Drew, Taysom and T’Q. Smith were all signing autographs in front of the endzone seats. I got a visor signed by Drew and Taysom. They had too big of a crowd of kids by Smith for me to get his.

I was at the Saturday practice as well in the covered bleachers, on the 30 yard line toward the parking lot. Drew and Taysom signed autographs in the endzone section. Teddy signed a little bit at the opposite end of the bleachers from where I was. Was it disappointing? A little. But two things: 1)autographs are not guaranteed and I knew this going in, 2)it was my first training camp practice so I was just happy to be there. Not sure where that FB poster is coming off from.

Re the FNA post: that has to be referring to Sunday's practice at Tulane where Drew was swarmed by kids. And plenty of players signed after. Eli Apple, Lattimore, Kamara, Michael Thomas, and Thomas Morstead were among those who signed. I got Apple, Lattimore, and Kamara's signatures on my football to name a few. Drew also signed on the other side of the stadium where it was less crowded.

Something smells. If this person was a fan in the Dempsey days, his kids are surely 30-40 years old.
If this guy is a fan from the Dempsey/Manning days I can tell you he probably got his heart broken. But form them not signing back in his day. I remember going to watch the Saints back in the Manning/ Dempsey days When they might have had 50 people show up for camp. And most of those guys wouldn't sign anything for anybody. The only ones who would sign the whole camp were Doug Wyatt &Hugo Hollas. They also happened to be the only good players the Saints had back then. After Dempsey made the kick. He became unapproachable for fans until he got dumped to Philadelphia. Today's Saints players are way friendlier & much more approachable. I believe this guy is reliving his childhood.

I agree 100% with false news.

But if this guy was around when Dempsey was there, he is rather old. If he's been a Saints fan all these years and lived in NO, He's probably drunk a bunch of booze. At his age and condition, there's no telling how many and what meds the Docs have him on. His memory may not be working well. I'll give him a "Compassion" pass and prayer and hope he gets his meds better adjusted.

This is ridiculous.

Keep doing what you are doing players.

You have entertained me thoroughly for Sunday’s in the fall my entire life.

Thank you to the great Black and Gold.

Even if this wasn’t fake, imagine doing your job and leaving to go home, and then somebody getting mad at you for not doing extra work for free after. And also it’s 100 degrees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom