Did this really happen at Saints camp the other day? (1 Viewer)

I’ve been multiple times. One of the most fan friendly things the saints do.

I was there on 8/3.

Being completely objective here, this kind-of happened in that the main stands got no signatures (at least that I saw). Our kids were bummed too, but not overly upset or anything. He/she is being a little dramatic and entitled.

They were stretching out. All lined up parallel to the stands about half way across the field (left to right, not length-wise). They stretched all the way down to the stands, pretty slowly, and then they turned around. Some folks in the end-zone got a few signatures from the QBs, as well as the fancy seats over by the snowball truck (we did laugh because we saw several team members hit up the snowball truck). But they didn't sign anything in the main stands. And it kinda felt like they were going to do signatures, but who knows. I didn't hear any team members laugh at kids though - that seems silly.

Last edited:
Two things.

Don't feed the trolls.

Let football players do their jobs. (That's get ready for games. They play for free)

I don't remember seeing any players engaging in any such behavior. The snow cone truck was all the way on the other side of the field next to the indoor facility. What player in his right mind is going to get a snow cone, then come charging across the field to tease kids? As hot as it was, there wouldn't be much of a snow cone left from that distance.

Why on earth are you calling Sno-balls snow cones? :idunno:

The snow cone truck was all the way on the other side of the field next to the indoor facility.

I1cITV5.gif

Autographs are like catching a fly ball at a baseball game. Sometimes you get one, most of the time you dont.

I think catching a fly ball at a baseball game is way better than an autograph. I have been a sports fan all my life and even as a kid never thought an autograph was that special. Maybe it is cool that some athlete you like is paying attention to you for 5 to 10 seconds. Autographs today have become a commodity which makes it even less special. Get a life, not an autograph.

Autographs are like catching a fly ball at a baseball game. Sometimes you get one, most of the time you dont.

Unless it's understood that I would turn around and try to profit from the signature, I absolutely don't see the appeal of placing a strong importance on getting someone to scribble their name on something of mine.

For a kid it makes much more sense............their life priorities are different and they look up to these athletes at that moment. But once you get in your adult years....and you're either the same age as, or older than, many of these players.....it should start to feel a bit silly.

I agree with points 1 and 2. But just for discussion, I'm 46 and my kids are 6 and 4 years old.

That sounds brutal. Mine are 19 and 16 and I am 51. I can't imagine them being that young at this stage of my life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom