Did this really happen at Saints camp the other day? (1 Viewer)

That sounds brutal. Mine are 19 and 16 and I am 51. I can't imagine them being that young at this stage of my life.

Nah, it’s fantastic. My 20s and 30s were great but no place for kids. We’re all on different timelines. :9:

went to his page and from what I have seen, he didn't write that. One, most his posts have cuss words every other word. and it isn't on his page. more fake news.

I think the Saints are as fan-friendly as just about any team. The relationship with the fans is part of the team culture. Either this is false, or it just wasn't the right time for autographs. The idea that Saints players are intentionally teasing children with hopes of autographs only to then laugh at them and eat snowballs is pretty outlandish IMO.

Completely agree... I wasn’t at practice Saturday but this sounds like either BS or some parent that thinks the players should stop in the middle of practice to give autographs the embellished this story to make it sound like a horror story... smh

That sounds brutal. Mine are 19 and 16 and I am 51. I can't imagine them being that young at this stage of my life.
52 and mine are 11 & 5
While I obviously don’t have the same energy I would have in my 20s, it was much easier for me to give my ego over to them
I feel like I would have had a harder time sharing/needing ‘my time’ than I do now

52 and mine are 11 & 5
While I obviously don’t have the same energy I would have in my 20s, it was much easier for me to give my ego over to them
I feel like I would have had a harder time sharing/needing ‘my time’ than I do now

Yeah I figure that's how I will be when/if I have grandkids.

Unless it's understood that I would turn around and try to profit from the signature, I absolutely don't see the appeal of placing a strong importance on getting someone to scribble their name on something of mine.

For a kid it makes much more sense............their life priorities are different and they look up to these athletes at that moment. But once you get in your adult years....and you're either the same age as, or older than, many of these players.....it should start to feel a bit silly.

I would gladly wait in line with a bunch of children for a Brees signature on something so that I could frame it in my man cave. I am 51...lol

52 and mine are 11 & 5

You say that now but just wait in 10 years when you are in your 60's and your youngest is in the deep moody territory that is the teenage years and tell me if you feel the same....lol

He disguised it as his kids being hurt but it was him personally hurt. Needs to put on his big boi pants

He opens the comments with a line about his very large memorabilia collection. But it's not about that? Yeah, right. I don't know what happened but he sounds like one of those adults who will shamelessly yap at players and reach over the heads of children to get autographs.

Yep, that’s how I felt about some of these older people out there. To me the autograph signing is about the kids I couldn’t stand seeing these old people jump in front of a kid trying to get their memorabilia signed, and it happened the day I went Saturday.

Yep, that’s how I felt about some of these older people out there. To me the autograph signing is about the kids I couldn’t stand seeing these old people jump in front of a kid trying to get their memorabilia signed, and it happened the day I went Saturday.

Same. That and the people that are obviously resellers, e.g. the person looking like an equipment manager carrying in 3-4 full-size authentic helmets to get signed, ect. :jpshakehead:

On top of them carrying an absurd amount of merchandise in to get signed, they usually show up right before the end of practice. So that means they claimed tickets to practice just to skip the actual practice when those tickets could have instead gone to people that wanted to actually see practice. Shameful. Go to an actual player appearance/signing to get your resale items signed and leave the training camp tickets to the actual fans.

When I was a bit younger I really enjoyed getting autographs, but the novelty wore off for the most part. Now the only way I'll personally get something signed is if I have a team issued/game worn jersey of a specific player in order to get it authenticated and eventually framed. Other than that, I'll help my nephews collect their autographs.

2 things bug me with the post other than the fact i doubt it happened

1. dude wrote a huge paragraph but couldn't spell out RIGHT in the first sentence.
2. it's a pet peeve of mine when people feel they have justify and say how long they've been a fan when they say they're a huge fan.

also, tom dempsey last played for the saints in 1970, which puts this guy at least 49 years old and then he would've been a newborn, not a "die hard fan". so add some years, he'd be like mid 50's. so wouldnt his "kids" likely be in their 20s/30s. pretty sure they can live without an autograph.

Funny, until I read your response, I thought he was upset with the right tackle (RT) position. I read his post and kept waiting to see why he was disappointed in the right tackle. Yet all he talked about was his disappointment in not getting autographs for his kids. Silly me. Thanks for clearing that up.

You say that now but just wait in 10 years when you are in your 60's and your youngest is in the deep moody territory that is the teenage years and tell me if you feel the same....lol

At a family reunion, the ladies retreated to the parlor.

The youngest bemoaned her sleepless nights and the constant diaper changing of her newborn.

Another piped up, "Just wait til they hit the Terrible Two's."

An aunt piped up and stated, "Just wait until they hit their teens."

Meanwhile the elderly matron who had been silent in the corner chimed in: "That's nothing, wait until they hit their 40's!"

I was 6 years old when Dempsey made THE KICK against the Lions in 1970. I even remember the sound** going out on my transister radio, as he made the kick.
Archie was a Rookie in 1971. -----My Oldest child is 23 years old, and my Youngest child is 18 years old. I am 54, so I call Balogney....
How on God's great earth, could the author spell #8, as Achie... SMH...
**The sound went out on the radio as Dempsey made the kick. Bees had gotten in the radio transmitter,and literally knocked out transmission.
I obviously thought it was my TG&Y Transister Radio. LOL... I didn't know he made the kick until the 5:00 news!!!!

I was there on 8/3.

Being completely objective here, this kind-of happened in that the main stands got no signatures (at least that I saw). Our kids were bummed too, but not overly upset or anything. He/she is being a little dramatic and entitled.

They were stretching out. All lined up parallel to the stands about half way across the field (left to right, not length-wise). They stretched all the way down to the stands, pretty slowly, and then they turned around. Some folks in the end-zone got a few signatures from the QBs, as well as the fancy seats over by the snowball truck (we did laugh because we saw several team members hit up the snowball truck). But they didn't sign anything in the main stands. And it kinda felt like they were going to do signatures, but who knows. I didn't hear any team members laugh at kids though - that seems silly.

My 11 year old and I were also there that day and in the main stands. Zach Line signed my NOLA no-call flag, and the 2018 yearbook (and my son stuck his little battery-fan in front of Zach's face to keep him cool while he was signing for us - Zach loved it). Teddy Bridgewater came over near us, the horn blew but he still worked his way down for a few minutes. He got to right before us, and said he really had to go. Some people were begging him to stay, but he was like "I'm really sorry...", took his sweatbands off and gave one to my son and another kid nearby. As other said, Taysom and Drew were signing over on the other side. There was also the new guy out of LSU - Grayson, I think - he was still signing autographs down at the far end of the main stands when all the stands were empty and security was asking everyone to leave!

121075 121076 121077

Also, after the stretches, they didn't laugh and head to the snoball truck - they huddled up for like 5 minutes. I accidentally took a 9 sec video of them after the huddle broke up (I was trying to take a picture, heh).

View attachment VID_20190803_112736.mp4

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom