N/S Did Titans' Mike Vrabel make one of the smartest play calls of season vs. Texans? (1 Viewer)

If they lose then either no one is talking about this or pointing at it as why they lost. Color me unimpressed.

So if you play it out, and let's say Houston fails on 2nd down but then gets the first down on third down.

That means Tennessee end up using two timeouts vs zero timeouts.

Then if you play out the rest of the drive, Tennessee ends up with no timeouts and 1:45 to go the length of the field, much tougher proposition.

I remember a play I saw one time that was so brilliant, I can't believe I have never seen it be used again.

Scenario:
- Offense has the ball with 7 seconds reamaining in the 1st half at the 8 yard line. You know..... one chance to the end zone, then the field goal if it fails. What does the defense do? The basically tackle every eligible receiver drawing the penalty. No time left... offense left with one untimed down, which of course is a filed goal attempt.

I remember a play I saw one time that was so brilliant, I can't believe I have never seen it be used again.

Scenario:
- Offense has the ball with 7 seconds reamaining in the 1st half at the 8 yard line. You know..... one chance to the end zone, then the field goal if it fails. What does the defense do? The basically tackle every eligible receiver drawing the penalty. No time left... offense left with one untimed down, which of course is a filed goal attempt.

you remember that because of course it happened to us 😂

Scenario:

oh and you’ve never seen it since because the NFL banned it afterward. If a defense tries it now they put the time back on the clock.

I remember Buddy Ryan putting like 17 or 18 people out there on his punt team late in a game. It basically insured that the kick wouldn’t get blocked and there wouldn’t be much of a return. The receiving team could force a 5 yard penalty and re-kick over and over, but there wasn’t much time left so that would’ve been a horrible option.

So if you play it out, and let's say Houston fails on 2nd down but then gets the first down on third down.

That means Tennessee end up using two timeouts vs zero timeouts.

Then if you play out the rest of the drive, Tennessee ends up with no timeouts and 1:45 to go the length of the field, much tougher proposition.

So Vrabel on:

Tricky deceptive penalties that will soon be banned = GOOD
Handling COVID = NOT GOOD

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom