Did we fire anyone yet? (1 Viewer)

CoachKen

Banned
Reaction score
I just woke up and it's black Monday. I had my black coffee and what'll make my day is finding out we fired someone.

So who got the axe?

They're not going to fire anyone before Payton's status is resolved, I would imagine.

They're not going to fire anyone before Payton's status is resolved, I would imagine.

And probably not until long after that. IIRC, Payton's M.O. has been to let guys go get other jobs rather than firing them if at all possible.

Basically, i think he tells them that this might not be the right place for them anymore and they might want to look for a better opportunity. He then goes about interviewing their replacement.

I doubt we hear anything about coaching changes for several weeks. That is, of course, unless there is truth to the Payton to the Rams thing. And if there is, they better get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him. You don't let a Super Bowl winning coach go without very good compensation and a really good plan for who is going to replace him. And that replacement better be a home run hire or the GM is next to go. (And, I personally don't see any home run hires out there at this point.)

It's a good thing our own job status' aren't public. Would hate for someone to be so cavalier about any of our own livelihoods.

I wouldn't expect to hear much of anything for a few days, until the Payton smoke and mirrors is resolved.

If I recall, if everything stays Status quo, most of the coaching changes happen later this week. Sean and Mickey will meet for a day or two to go over everything, and work it form there. Only major firings happen faster than that.

It's a good thing our own job status' aren't public. Would hate for someone to be so cavalier about any of our own livelihoods.

And that's why I appreciate what Payton does. He gives guys a chance to find other jobs before he takes the drastic step of firing them. Fans seem to love to see the blood of cocah firings, but I think it's because they forget that these guys are people with familys to provide for.

Hoping Payton stays but cleans house

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gqQQ9_p02o0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No one will get fired until the season ending meetings and evaluations are done.

Usually about 2 weeks before we see movement.

And that's why I appreciate what Payton does. He gives guys a chance to find other jobs before he takes the drastic step of firing them. Fans seem to love to see the blood of cocah firings, but I think it's because they forget that these guys are people with familys to provide for.

We're not insensitive to the coaches and their family, but 3 straight losing seasons isn't something to be excited about either. Just as a team can quickly move on from a player and say it's a business, it's the same business that applies to coaches.

remember a season or two ago, they claimed they were going to evaluate everyone... and nobody of consequence got fired or replaced? None of them are held accountable. I expect the same group of friends to get yet another pass. I think the organization is scared to fire any of SP's buddies b/c it might make him mad or something.

remember a season or two ago, they claimed they were going to evaluate everyone... and nobody of consequence got fired or replaced? None of them are held accountable. I expect the same group of friends to get yet another pass. I think the organization is scared to fire any of SP's buddies b/c it might make him mad or something.

No one of consequence? The position coaches are the day to day guys. They have more impact on those players than you think. It's like saying your manager doesn't matter to you. Bad managers kill off morale and good people. Most people at the director or VP level aren't involved with your day to day. They just approve budgets. Now, if the director/VP sucks, it may trickle down as well, but I've had good and bad managers, usually with better people above them. Good upper management works with their management team, but moves on from poor performers (hopefully) when they want to retain the overall talent.

Should change thread title to "Why haven't we fired anyone yet?" :hihi:

Is it the last possible second yet?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom