Did we Forget? (1 Viewer)

JERD

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
That this team is in REBUILDING mode. That we have a Rookie coach. almost 90% of the team is new. Lets not get carried away if we loose. Its not like this is the LSU Tigers with great player at every position and we cant win the big game. I have taken the this approche, every game is a new game and if we loose oh well. I am not getting tied up with all the Hype of PLAYOFFS!!! Like last week when were getting the snot beat out of us, all I wanted us to do was try to attempt an come back. To me they did that and more. Those kind of games make your team better. So to all of yall that go to the game please don't leave if we are not winning. They are not quiting so why should U! Show this team that U are behind them thru the thick and the thin!!!
And as for Bush, Give the man a break. He is a Rookie on a Rookie team!!! He is not Morney, going to a new england team that is extablished. This team will only get better, and I feel that Payton is going to do great thing in the near future! So go saints, and cut them some slack!!

You're no longer rebuilding when you're 5-2 in week 8... we are right in the middle of a playoff race... yes... postseason is no longer a dream when you have a team like this.

Reggie will be fine... when he's in the game, the entire defense has their eyes on him, which is opening things up for the rest of the crew. It's hard to break loose with so much attention on him, but some one will slip up... just be patient.

Yes "theoretically" we are rebuilding, but let's not get the attitude of "oh well... we're rebuilding, so it's OK if we lose".. that's unacceptable.

I was really upset when the station I was watching the game on switched to another more competitive game? The game they switched to was very boring and we miss the long TD passes etc. If that is Direct TV I won't get it again next year. I want to watch the entire game and that was irritating. Then after it's all over I hear that the Ravens did take the fans out of the game and that the fans were leaving in the third quarter. Very dissapointing.

Rebuilding or playoff contention, this team is still forming. Defensively, we still have holes that were patched but not fixed in the offseason. Hollis Thomas is playing well, but at his age, how much longer can he do it. Out of our re-vamped LB crew, Fujita has shown himself to be a starter, while Simineau and Shanle are probably back ups. Our corners still need some attention.
I am trying to temper their current results with where I thought they'd be at the end of the season (8-8). I am enjoying their success and feel proud to be a Saints fan, but this whole season is about making progress and creating better football players and a better football team. I think must of us can see this is happening. This year is laying the foundation, if we make it to the playoffs, awesome; if not, then let's concentrate on the strides we made this season in attitude, smarter play, discipline, and team work.

That this team is in REBUILDING mode. That we have a Rookie coach. almost 90% of the team is new.
I understand what you are saying but it does seem like Payton and crew skipped ahead a year or two on us.

1. rebuild team : above 500 mark
  2. rebuild team : above 500 mark maybe sniff the play offs
  3. solid in most positions: compete for division title
  4. solid with back ups: compete to be in super bowl
Right now it seem he went straight to year 3 and by the end of the year it could be 4.
:bandg:

Personally...we have to keep everything in perspective....this team is in the re-building mode and they are doing quite well at the moment...a lack of depth at key areas is a concern right now...someone goes down and the talent level will drop a little...

To be where we are right now...in the thick of the hunt for a playoff spot is truely remarkable...it would be easy to get caught up in the moment at what is happening right now...not to be negative...but a spiral could be had if we start losing some key players...on the positive side...who woulda thought that we would be where we are right now...this team has gone beyond everyones expectations...I believe even Coach Payton would agree...let's be realistic about what lies ahead...some very tough games...but...if they keep their head in the game and not get caught up looking ahead...this team has the potential right now with this talent to reach that first goal...and that's a spot in the playoff's....anything beyond that...is just icing on the cake...:9:

I left in the middle of the 4th Quarter, I Will not sit to watch a team I love get there but kicked, just like I will not sit through a movie I don't like.

If Your, lets say son, Was playing in a high school game and they was getting there buts kicked would U leave. I never leave are stop watching till the end. I call it devoted! I guess I am just crazy.

If Your, lets say son, Was playing in a high school game and they was getting there buts kicked would U leave. I never leave are stop watching till the end. I call it devoted! I guess I am just crazy.

ok, yer crazy! :D

You're no longer rebuilding when you're 5-2 in week 8... we are right in the middle of a playoff race... yes... postseason is no longer a dream when you have a team like this.

Reggie will be fine... when he's in the game, the entire defense has their eyes on him, which is opening things up for the rest of the crew. It's hard to break loose with so much attention on him, but some one will slip up... just be patient.

Yes "theoretically" we are rebuilding, but let's not get the attitude of "oh well... we're rebuilding, so it's OK if we lose".. that's unacceptable.
I agree... Even if we are in a rebuilding year you have to have aspirations (and that's not butt sweat) of winning the superbowl or your selling yourself short right off the bat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom