Did we just rebuild this team?? (1 Viewer)

Geaxsaints

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
It just hit me that we just quietly, and successfully rebuilt this team. Normally it takes years of bad teams in order for an organization to rebuild their team. I'd consider us lucky, all we had to endure was a couple of 7-9 seasons. We have overhauled our team and filled it with a bunch of young, promising players and a couple of young superstars (Armstead, Jordan, Breaux).

Although I don't think Grayson is the future at the quarterback position, I believe that Brees could have a solid 3 years left which gives us time to draft another qb and give him a season or two under drew.

O-line is the final unit that needs to be overhauled (Besides Armstead of course). Although he is a great player, I think we let Max Unger walk after the season and allow Jack Allen to show us what he has, unless Unger is willing to come back on a short-term extension (doubtful).

It's also important to remember that we did all of this while also creating a winning culture in the locker room and removing players that didn't share the same attitude.

Thoughts?

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Tonight will answer some questions, but it won't be until the 3rd preseason game (when the starters play for at least half the game) that we'll see how far we've come.

Grab some food and a brewski... and enjoy the game tonight. Should be an exciting ride this preseason. :munch:

:gosaints:

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It just hit me that we just quietly, and successfully rebuilt this team. Normally it takes years of bad teams in order for an organization to rebuild their team. I'd consider us lucky, all we had to endure was a couple of 7-9 seasons. We have overhauled our team and filled it with a bunch of young, promising players and a couple of young superstars (Armstead, Jordan, Breaux).

Although I don't think Grayson is the future at the quarterback position, I believe that Brees could have a solid 3 years left which gives us time to draft another qb and give him a season or two under drew.

O-line is the final unit that needs to be overhauled (Besides Armstead of course). Although he is a great player, I think we let Max Unger walk after the season and allow Jack Allen to show us what he has, unless Unger is willing to come back on a short-term extension (doubtful).

It's also important to remember that we did all of this while also creating a winning culture in the locker room and removing players that didn't share the same attitude.

Thoughts?

I've been saying this for two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There is only like two players left from the 2013 Defense if I recall correctly.

noser222

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The Keenan Lewis deadness is unbuilding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CountWhoDat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Time will tell. One thing we cannot accuse the front office of is standing pat and hoping some of the lackluster performers we had developed into something better. They've gone out and aggressively changed the look of the team.

Come next year, we'll be out of Cap Hell and hopefully ready to fill in some of the remaining holes to give us a fighting chance at one last run.

duhonmark551

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The needed changes in personnel required lots of good fresh talent. We weren't getting it done with Ryan Pace and Rick Reprish. Jeff Ireland's hiring coincided exactly with the influx of talent from the draft, CFL and better free agents who all are buying into the new system Dennis Allen is formulating.

This team is completely switched out, and so young. Time to do it right this time.

We can be like Seattle of 5 years ago, when they beat us in the playoffs with Beastmode.

gtaz21

Groundskeeper
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Well, that would be awesome, but let's see how the season turns out. I've been hopeful on the last few seasons, and they didn't turn out so well. This year I'm reserving judgment. As you mention, I am very suspicious of our offensive line. I don't know how we're going to protect Brees up the middle and get a good push for the run game with the personnel we have there.

I think we have solid to very good personnel across the board except offensive line. That weakness looms big. The Saints are a team that relies heavily on the passing game to carry the team. If they can't protect the QB, it won't matter where else the team improved.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Taker597 We are going into a rebuild one way or another. Trade Lattimore in the off-season. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
OneBigEasy!! Remember 14 teams go to the post season this year and only one team from each conference gets a bye Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
jasonsw Saints Which Saints team will we see today? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
'How does a kid like this get cut?' Saints' Taysom Hill faces Packers team that let him go Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Ex-Saint Breaux sues two former team doctors Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Delvin Breaux, former Saints player, sues ex-team doctors for alleged medical malpractice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' injury report: Team doesn't practice, but 3 new injuries to report for key players Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S Chargers team doctor accidentally punctured Tyrod Taylor's lung on Sunday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 39
Andrus Saints stayed late in Las Vegas as team held review of loss to Raiders SR News Page Articles 0
Saints stayed late in Las Vegas as team held review of loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
saintsfan777 Just passed the Saints team busses Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Nightshade If 2020 was a football team lol Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Saint Kamara The team that avoids the injury bug has an inside track to the Super Bowl Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
El Caliente Who’s injury impacts their team the most? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Mike Tilleman, member of first New Orleans Saints team, dead at age 76 Saints RSS News Feeds 0