Did we just rebuild this team?? (1 Viewer)

Geaxsaints

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
It just hit me that we just quietly, and successfully rebuilt this team. Normally it takes years of bad teams in order for an organization to rebuild their team. I'd consider us lucky, all we had to endure was a couple of 7-9 seasons. We have overhauled our team and filled it with a bunch of young, promising players and a couple of young superstars (Armstead, Jordan, Breaux).

Although I don't think Grayson is the future at the quarterback position, I believe that Brees could have a solid 3 years left which gives us time to draft another qb and give him a season or two under drew.

O-line is the final unit that needs to be overhauled (Besides Armstead of course). Although he is a great player, I think we let Max Unger walk after the season and allow Jack Allen to show us what he has, unless Unger is willing to come back on a short-term extension (doubtful).

It's also important to remember that we did all of this while also creating a winning culture in the locker room and removing players that didn't share the same attitude.

Thoughts?

Tonight will answer some questions, but it won't be until the 3rd preseason game (when the starters play for at least half the game) that we'll see how far we've come.

Grab some food and a brewski... and enjoy the game tonight. Should be an exciting ride this preseason. :munch:

:gosaints:

it would have been a LOT worse if we didn't have Drew. It would have been ugly that is for sure.

It just hit me that we just quietly, and successfully rebuilt this team. Normally it takes years of bad teams in order for an organization to rebuild their team. I'd consider us lucky, all we had to endure was a couple of 7-9 seasons. We have overhauled our team and filled it with a bunch of young, promising players and a couple of young superstars (Armstead, Jordan, Breaux).

Although I don't think Grayson is the future at the quarterback position, I believe that Brees could have a solid 3 years left which gives us time to draft another qb and give him a season or two under drew.

O-line is the final unit that needs to be overhauled (Besides Armstead of course). Although he is a great player, I think we let Max Unger walk after the season and allow Jack Allen to show us what he has, unless Unger is willing to come back on a short-term extension (doubtful).

It's also important to remember that we did all of this while also creating a winning culture in the locker room and removing players that didn't share the same attitude.

Thoughts?

I've been saying this for two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is only like two players left from the 2013 Defense if I recall correctly.

6-10 this year and next year the saints are back in the playoffs.

6-10 this year and next year the saints are back in the playoffs.
I don't understand anything below 7-9. I guess setting the bar low. I don't see this team losing 10 games with this schedule.

The Keenan Lewis deadness is unbuilding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time will tell. One thing we cannot accuse the front office of is standing pat and hoping some of the lackluster performers we had developed into something better. They've gone out and aggressively changed the look of the team.

Come next year, we'll be out of Cap Hell and hopefully ready to fill in some of the remaining holes to give us a fighting chance at one last run.

The needed changes in personnel required lots of good fresh talent. We weren't getting it done with Ryan Pace and Rick Reprish. Jeff Ireland's hiring coincided exactly with the influx of talent from the draft, CFL and better free agents who all are buying into the new system Dennis Allen is formulating.

This team is completely switched out, and so young. Time to do it right this time.

We can be like Seattle of 5 years ago, when they beat us in the playoffs with Beastmode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom