DID we win today ????? (1 Viewer)

DSnfla

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Man i've never seen so many negitive people we played a great , smart game today and the way some of you talk it sounds like we either lost or just skated by , man we are 6-2 and lead the division . Who'd a thunk it

Yeah, unbelievable isn't it. What a great game today.

I was worried that last week's loss might start a skid, but then I remembered that this ain't your daddy's Saints.

/sarcasm on/
This just in:
According to various sources (of ill repute), the sky is in fact falling. Bush is a bust and Benson doesn't want them to win. I mean, leading their division with a solid 17 point victory today putting them at 6-2 at the half way point, what a disappointment. I think I'll go cheer for the Panthers, they can't lose this week.
/off

Again, what a great game. Too many good things about today to let some trolls mess it up for me!

dont worry the negative nancies were put in their place quickly, and the rest have been pretty overwhelmingly positive.

Man i've never seen so many negitive people we played a great , smart game today and the way some of you talk it sounds like we either lost or just skated by , man we are 6-2 and lead the division . Who'd a thunk it

I don't get these kind of posts.

Yes, the team won. But the bar's been raised. This team is 6-2 and show signs of getting to the post-season.

If posters want to focus on some weaknesses, I think if said in the right manner, why question the basis of the threads? Is it trolling to question Bush's less than stellar performance? Again, if these threads are put in civil, "let's discuss this matter" way--why not talk about the negatives?

This team, to be a real contender has to run the ball better, and Freddy Thomas got burned bad today several times. Bush seems to have lost some confidence after having a bad game last week, and didn't do much this week.

Not every thread can be a cheerleading thread. This board is still for discussion of Saints football, good and bad. There are some chinks to point out, and I think we should point them out because this team I think needs to address some/ or fix some of these things, because Drew Brees is great, but he's not going to regularly post a 136+ qb rating every week.

Yes, there were more positives than negatives, but the Saints are a better team than Tampa. We've played enough games to figure that one out, and this game was a "taking care of business" game. But to beat the elite, the Saints have to run the ball and play better in the secondary.

I think a number of the "critics" posts are indicative that the fans now expect more because we've seen this team play smart, good, consistent football.

The point is this is the nfl there has not been a team in yrs that had none or almost no weakness , you CAN win a superbowl with a less than perfect team if your looking for the perfect team try the Dolphin team in the 70's that went 17-0 . And to say Bush is a bust or Thomas gets burnt constantly is dwelling on the negitive or looking for negitive . No team has or ever will play the perfect game . Constructive critics = yes .Focus on the negitive =no

Reb did you photo shop Colter and Sharpton together ?? I'd be easier to get a Hatfield and Mcoy family reunion picture than those two together

Reb did you photo shop Colter and Sharpton together ?? I'd be easier to get a Hatfield and Mcoy family reunion picture than those two together

I don't know if it's photoshopped or not, and I honestly forget where I got this avatar. I just thought it was funny for obvious reasons.

We lost 13 games last season. I'm gonna choose not to dwell on any negatives after we start this year 6-2. Maybe that's just me. I'm a glass is half-full kinda guy. :cool:

well my glass is running over with excitement. This team is outperforming all of my expectations and predictions.

They were playing a weaker team and that should not be overlooked. They folded last week to a pretty good team as evidenced by Baltimore performance today.

Today they showed they can bounce back, but they still have to beat another solid team to say that this is the year. Our opportunities to do that are coming up later in the schedule.

Drew Brees is the man of the day!

anyone who thinks we don't have a running game isn't lending constructive criticism...they just don't recognoze great coaching...Tampa weas playing everyone at the line of scrimmage..they were not going to let us beat them with the run or short pass (remember Deuce went over 100 against these guys a few weeks ago)..so coach did what a smart coach does..adjusted the game plan, and all of a sudden we have devery burning them for 2 long tds...

I think it's one thing to be constructive, but when you say things like, "do you think #25 is a bust", that's just narrow minded whinning. Lest we forget, aren't we 6-2 BECAUSE of #25 the 1st time we played Tampa? People whine and moan about his rushing performances, and honestly, I think the only person concerned with that is Reggies agent. Doesn't Reggie also make great plays as a reciever and as an outlet for Brees when time is running out in the pocket? I personaly say save the critisism for Thursday and Friday when the high of winning has died down and you actualy have nothing else to talk about.

Believe it or not some people actually like to complain and love misery. What misery is doing when it complains is attempting to make you miserys' company. Ignore misery and enjoy the wins while we get them and when and if we lose think back on the wins.

I think it's one thing to be constructive, but when you say things like, "do you think #25 is a bust", that's just narrow minded whinning. Lest we forget, aren't we 6-2 BECAUSE of #25 the 1st time we played Tampa? People whine and moan about his rushing performances, and honestly, I think the only person concerned with that is Reggies agent. Doesn't Reggie also make great plays as a reciever and as an outlet for Brees when time is running out in the pocket? I personaly say save the critisism for Thursday and Friday when the high of winning has died down and you actualy have nothing else to talk about.

I concur.
And we must not forget the young man is still a rookie. If there's one thing I've learned from the media in political news; it's that they often embelish, lie, and push their own agendas. Yeah Reggie carries a lot of media hype and maybe rightfully so (USC). Yet he's still a rookie who needs to learn to run upfield then juke em'. He will get better if God's grace allows. and then I hope everyone who thinks he may be a bust will be man enough to post that they were wrong and not try to cheer along like nothing happened.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom