Did y’all not see the score? We won! (1 Viewer)

I thought that last touchdown drive to salt away the game was a thing of beauty that involved almost all the playmakers on the offense. I realize one drive doesn't make a game, but they performed well when they needed to and put the game away. I think the offense is slowly coming around and the defense is better than just about any of us expected it to be. There is a lot to be happy about as a Saints fan.
indeed. with a very good 3rd down conversion by Jameis/Harris
as well as a 1st and 10 run call for Taysom that drove me nuts but ultimately was a similar call that scored the TD

I thought that last touchdown drive to salt away the game was a thing of beauty that involved almost all the playmakers on the offense. I realize one drive doesn't make a game, but they performed well when they needed to and put the game away. I think the offense is slowly coming around and the defense is better than just about any of us expected it to be. There is a lot to be happy about as a Saints fan.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/401326369#gp-playbyplay-40132636922
  • TOUCHDOWN13 PLAYS, 75 YARDS, 6:45
    NO28NE13
    • (9:22 - 4th) J.Bailey kicks 65 yards from NE 35 to end zone, Touchback.
    • 1st & 10 at NO 25​

(9:22 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Winston pass incomplete short left to M.Callaway.
    • 2nd & 10 at NO 25​

(9:15 - 4th) Direct snap to T.Hill. T.Hill right guard to NO 28 for 3 yards (C.Barmore).
    • (8:31 - 4th) Timeout #1 by NO at 08:31.
    • 3rd & 7 at NO 28​

(8:31 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Winston pass short right to D.Harris pushed ob at NO 40 for 12 yards (J.Mills).
    • 1st & 10 at NO 40​

(7:58 - 4th) A.Kamara right guard to NE 49 for 11 yards (D.McCourty).
    • 1st & 10 at NE 49​

(7:11 - 4th) A.Kamara right tackle to NE 46 for 3 yards (C.Barmore).
    • 2nd & 7 at NE 46​

(6:27 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Winston pass short left to D.Harris pushed ob at NE 39 for 7 yards (J.Jones).
    • 1st & 10 at NE 39​

(5:46 - 4th) L.Young reported in as eligible. Direct snap to T.Hill. T.Hill right guard to NE 25 for 14 yards (K.Van Noy).
    • 1st & 10 at NE 25​

(5:04 - 4th) Direct snap to T.Hill. A.Kamara left tackle to NE 19 for 6 yards (D.Hightower; L.Guy).
    • 2nd & 4 at NE 19​

(4:23 - 4th) A.Kamara left guard to NE 16 for 3 yards (D.Godchaux).
    • 3rd & 1 at NE 16​

(3:39 - 4th) J.Winston up the middle to NE 14 for 2 yards (L.Guy).
    • 1st & 10 at NE 14​

(2:50 - 4th) A.Kamara left guard to NE 9 for 5 yards (H.Anderson).
    • (2:50 - 4th) Timeout #1 by NE at 02:50.
    • (2:49 - 4th) Timeout #2 by NO at 02:50.
    • 2nd & 5 at NE 9​

(2:50 - 4th) L.Young reported in as eligible. Direct snap to T.Hill. T.Hill scrambles right end pushed ob at NE 4 for 5 yards (D.Hightower).
    • 1st & Goal at NE 4​

(2:37 - 4th) Taysom Hill 4 Yard Rush A.Rosas extra point is GOOD, Center-Z.Wood, Holder-B.Gillikin.

We do realize the Saints beat a Bill Belichick coached defense on the road. This coming off one of the worst performances by a SP offense. Looking at the improvement from last week to this weekend has to mean something, especially with the Patriots as a measuring stick. Do not overlook that this has been a 3 game road trip. In context it was a great win and we are 2-1. Looking forward to seeing the Giants next week.

You've seen this movie sequel week after week.

I think it's an identification thing honestly. Lots of projection and self-introspection happening and it's the same posters week after week.

Im sure around 1am David Robbins will add his $. 02
I love that guy. LOL.Ya'll are too much. Can we get him his own sub-forum?

one was a lucky throw that wasnt really advised but yes he did bounce back. But if our defense and rungame doesnt hold up that stagnation can lead to a loss. We have to at least move the ball a little in the air. We got by this game but do you honestly think we can win every game with less than 200 passing yards? we have to get back to passing offense because some defenses will shut us down like Carolina did and that what we will see if we get to playoffs
I recall Peyton Manning not being able to lift his arm. And won a super bowl. And if u think our D is not near that echelon when fully healthy u don't recognize greatness.

Jameis sheets on himself. but this isnt all on him the missed fgs hurt. All the injuries and long road trip hurt. The Saints are overcoming a LOT. But Jameis isnt looking very confident behind that line and against playoff defenses he NEEDS to.
What QB do you know feels comfortable behind a line playing like the Saints oline did last week? We’ve seen Brees look like a rookie before when there have been injuries to the line and missing offensive weapons.

Last edited:
He also fumbled more than average, lets be real Brees definitely turned the ball over a ton in his career, we found a way to win and make him among the best to do it in spite of it. Lets see how this jaemis thing works out

Drew brees threw 571 td's and 243 INT's and had 111 fumbles.

IM not saying jaemis is the next drew brees, but when people start talking about how well drew protected the ball I can do is laugh
Brees: 571 / 354 = 1.61 TDs to turnovers.
Winston: 128 / 140 = 0.91 TDs to turnovers.
Brady: 591 / 320 = 1.84 TDs to turnovers.
Wilson: 247 / 162 = 1.52 TDs to turnovers.

Brees‘ turnover rate is in line with other QBs considered great during his time.

Winston‘s is not.

What QB do you know feels comfortable behind a line playing line the Saints oline did last week? We’ve seen Brees look like a rookie before when there have been injuries to the line and missing offensive weapons.
Yep...cowboys game 2009 season...I was so P'Oed. They gave Brees less than zero time in that game an still got our hope up...their super bowl and still got our hopes up

Brees: 571 / 354 = 1.61 TDs to turnovers.
Winston: 128 / 140 = 0.91 TDs to turnovers.
Brady: 591 / 320 = 1.84 TDs to turnovers.
Wilson: 247 / 162 = 1.52 TDs to turnovers.

Brees‘ turnover rate is in line with other QBs considered great during his time.

Winston‘s is not.
While evaluating Winston and comparing his history and numbers to the “greats”, do not forget that the three QBs that you have brought up had solid teams around them, offensively, defensively, and ST-wise their entire careers. Winston is just now going into a proven, winning, stable system. Give the guy a chance.

I know we have a defensive team…but we are gonna watch this offense grow or implode. Replacing a HOF QB is a big deal with a young guy who has talent but had some issues on his last team….I’m giving them time. I don’t like making excuses but MT13 is a big piece and TQS would make a difference…I’m disappointed in Trautman, the TE position is almost non existent through 3 games. They need to play Juwon Johnson more…Winston doesn’t have an outlet at all basically…our WR need to get open. Banged up o-line and missing coaches, hurricanes 🌀, away from home for a month…it all takes it toll.

I honestly don’t know what we will have on offense but I know that TD that Winston threw scared me half to death with Calloway.
Why, it was a free play? Why not throw up a prayer on a free play and hope for the best? If its picked off, so what?

They have a specific way in which they want to win. They will be belly-aching and whining all season long if they don't adjust their warped expectations.

This isn't Drew Brees' Saints anymore and Taysom didn't win the job. Complain or accept it. Either way, it doesn't matter.

Exactly right, well said.

Something, something passing yards!!!! LMAO

Maybe but he is too busy posting on the EE board about how Lynard Skynard stink and The Allman Brothers are the greatest band of all time

That was me on the ABB, LS don't stink but they ain't ABB (and yes ABB could be a very good jam band at times)....back to topic....

We really don't know what this offense is yet, has Winston been perfect so far, no....has he played well enough to win games....yes, his INT-TD ratio is a positive. I think folks need to be patient to see what our offense looks like with our top and 3rd WR back and starting C.....in the meantime I'll enjoy SP's version of "bully ball".....

I'd take a 3 game losing streak if it meant we got all our players back from injury and fully healed for at least 80% of the rest of the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom