Did you folks hear me "Represent" SR.com on The Point After Yesterday? (1 Viewer)

Grant Backer Two

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
LR, AR *Born in NOLA 10/17/64 Mercy Hospital
Bobby was really cool. I asked him if he thought the previous caller(Jack from Mid Town, a Panther fan) would rather have Jake or Drew as their QB. I then wanted to show a lot of love for Craft's play yesterday. I mentioned that we(sr.com) had been calling Craft "burnt toast" et. al... He had abviously earned the accolades.
I also said something to the effect that we all need to give our players a break when they screw up. If coach believes in them, then we should too. I mentioned Copper coming up big time, as well as Devery stepping up big time.
My wife cracked up as I "tawked" to him. She said that I was dropping into my "Cajunics" as I spoke to him. That's pretty easy to do when you tawk to Bobby.

herd ya....coming back from pass christian eh? For the record I did not bash Craft. Not that i didnt agree, just that thread was waaayyy to long. nice job!

Way to go, GB. I would to the same thing here in Houston for 610am, but:

1. I have to be careful, seeing that they sort of compete w/ me....

and 2. they suck anyway. they bore me to death w/ all their "fantasy" talk,
dream trades, and endless statistics.... plus they're talking about the Texans. yawn. If they were smart, they would call me for a Saints update.

Feel free to call my show and talk Cajonics anytime. I love Cajonics.....hahahaha...

I was driving back from the "formerly" beautiful city of Pass Christian. Thats mine, Robin Roberts(GMA/ABC), and Gene Lang's (LSU.RB.1982-85) hometown. I have wanted to move back for so many years. My wife and I were seriously looking at a home in Henderson Point, which is now a flat land....
Thank the good Lord we didn't move, because my family woud have been in dire straits after the storm.
My students were looking at me really weird this morning as I was teaching a lesson. I finally realized what the deal was. I was STILL speaking Cajunics!!! :)
It happens every time I spend more than two days with my relatives. Especially the ones who speak "deep" Cajunics.
When I spoke with Bobby I felt like I was at a family reunion, waiting for the split second that the person who you are talking to inhales, then you jump in with your comments. I really could feel Bobby's passion for the Saints!!!!!
Craft is a decent back up for now. He played his best game as a Saint yesterday. IMHO

I heard you GB, great job. Didn't the Panther fan mention something about the Saints not beating any good teams? I think Bobby said" Well they beat the Falcons twice, who by the way beat the Cats..(I really enjoyed that)

That Panther fan annoys me. He calls in every week on the Friday edition of Sportstalk with Hokie and Bob Mitchell. I can never understand how some people will change their loyalty from one team to another just because of one player. My wife's cousin is the same way he became a Panthers fan when Jake went to Carolina. I give him a hard time about it but I've lightened up a bit because he has two tickets to the season finale against the Panthers and he hasn't decided who he's asking to go with him. I'm a Saints fan and always will be a Saints fan. I liked Jake too and always hope he does well, but I'm not going to ditch my Saints for the Panthers just because he plays for them.

If any of ya'll ever been thru Breaux Bridge, just about the ENTIRE city is panthers supporters because of jake's move.

If any of ya'll ever been thru Breaux Bridge, just about the ENTIRE city is panthers supporters because of jake's move.

I wouldn't doubt it. But it still doesn't seem right. I'm from the South Lafourche area, Bobby Hebert's hometown, and I can guarantee you that no one became a Falcons fan when he went to Atlanta. I was at the South Lafourche football game where they retired Bobby's jersey a couple of years ago and the read a little biography and his accomplishments and when they got to the part where he left the Saints to go to the Falcons the entire stadium started booing him. Granted the Falcons are more hated than the Panthers but their still division rivals.

This is the honest truth!!
If my SON makes it to the NFL, and he plays for say the Jaguars. If the Jags play against the Saints who am I rooting for???
Not even close!!!
I'd wear my son's jersey number, and a Saints hat and cheer with all my heart and soul for our black and gold!!!!
Then I'd pray that Scott Fujita would not take my son's his head off!!!!!
This is assuming that he would make it to the NFL....
Think Drew Bennett with better hands, and a little more speed.... :)

This is the honest truth!!
If my SON makes it to the NFL, and he plays for say the Jaguars. If the Jags play against the Saints who am I rooting for???
Not even close!!!
I'd wear my son's jersey number, and a Saints hat and cheer with all my heart and soul for our black and gold!!!!
Then I'd pray that Scott Fujita would not take my son's his head off!!!!!
This is assuming that he would make it to the NFL....
Think Drew Bennett with better hands, and a little more speed.... :)

That is hardcore. I hope your son does not read this thread, he may need years of psychotherapy.

I heard you on the radio. Nice plug for SR.com.

Bobby was really cool. I asked him if he thought the previous caller(Jack from Mid Town, a Panther fan) would rather have Jake or Drew as their QB. I then wanted to show a lot of love for Craft's play yesterday. I mentioned that we(sr.com) had been calling Craft "burnt toast" et. al... He had abviously earned the accolades.
I also said something to the effect that we all need to give our players a break when they screw up. If coach believes in them, then we should too. I mentioned Copper coming up big time, as well as Devery stepping up big time.
My wife cracked up as I "tawked" to him. She said that I was dropping into my "Cajunics" as I spoke to him. That's pretty easy to do when you tawk to Bobby.

I heard it and I wanted to call in and ask that dude Jack something, he was talking about how the win was just the Falcons, meaning that it wasn't that big of a deal...That's ridiculous because first of all EVERY win in the NFL is a big win, nothing is easy, just ask Carolina about the Redskins, secondly, when was the last time Carolina SWEPT the Falcons??? That's what I thought....Third they should thank us for pretty much knocking a a team that OWNS them out of the playoffs and forth, deep down Carolina fans know they're nervous of the potential this team has because when this team gets it going they, let alone many teams in the NFL will not be able to stop us, this is only the first year under the new regime....We haven't even peaked yet, that's the scary part.....

It was also a huge win in the fact that it was a must win game coming off a two game losing streak, I could've cared less if it was Arizona, a win is a win, I don't care if we played a bunch of cupcake teams, it don't make no difference, 9 or 10 cupcake teams will get you to the playoffs just as fast as 9 or 10 great teams.....

Last edited:
I heard it and I wanted to call in and ask that dude Jack something, he was talking about how the win was just the Falcons, meaning that it wasn't that big of a deal...That's ridiculous because first of all EVERY win in the NFL is a big win, nothing is easy, just ask Carolina about the Redskins, secondly, when was the last time Carolina SWEPT the Falcons??? That's what I thought....Third they should thank us for pretty much knocking a a team that OWNS them out of the playoffs and forth, deep down Carolina fans know they're nervous of the potential this team has because when this team gets it going they, let alone many teams in the NFL will not be able to stop us, this is only the first year under the new regime....We haven't even peaked yet, that's the scary part.....

It was also a huge win in the fact that it was a must win game coming off a two game losing streak, I could've cared less if it was Arizona, a win is a win, I don't care if we played a bunch of cupcake teams, it don't make no difference, 9 or 10 cupcake teams will get you to the playoffs just as fast as 9 or 10 great teams.....

Great post, this win was critical to the season!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom