Did you know that your favorite ice cream flavor could be Beaver Butt? (1 Viewer)

This is mostly false.

“The use of castoreum in common food products today is exceedingly rare, in large part because collecting the substance is difficult (and therefore expensive).”

the total annual national consumption of castoreum, castoreum extract and castoreum liquid combined is only around 292 pounds (most of which seems to be used in perfumes)

(contrast this with)

Approximately 20 million pounds of vanilla naturally harvested from real vanilla beans every year.

This is mostly false.

“The use of castoreum in common food products today is exceedingly rare, in large part because collecting the substance is difficult (and therefore expensive).”

the total annual national consumption of castoreum, castoreum extract and castoreum liquid combined is only around 292 pounds (most of which seems to be used in perfumes)

(contrast this with)

Approximately 20 million pounds of vanilla naturally harvested from real vanilla beans every year.

Guess you just need to lick your own personal beaver then, since public beaver is rare.

Seems I read an article about these sort of issues

And the issue is the term “natural”

When you buy a vanilla whatever and the package says ‘all natural flavors” you’d assume that meant actual vanilla bean

But what it was the beaver butt stuff? Does that still count as “natural”?

Clearly not a lab created chemical compound, clearly from nature

If I remember right there was some sort of fungus that tasted like strawberries, don’t quote me on that it was ages ago but it was something like that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom