Did you read the article on the front page? (1 Viewer)

We are debating people's looks on here now? I'd venture to say some of the gentlemen in HERE don't get a second look from the ladies either. Let's cut the guy some slack. As a few posters have said, read to the bottom and then you will realize the humor of the article. He was NOT seriously saying there was a conspiracy guys. Chill.

The content is stupid, but that's secondary. I'm more amazed at just how badly written it is... This actually showed up in a publication? Did an editor actually read this? When I was done, I had to double check to make sure it wasn't some letter to the editor... Bad!

Among my favorites:

"Dallas destroys the Saints on National TV during the pre-season only a couple of weeks before the regular season. Things are not looking good. Bush is a hold out, and I am thinking, well, maybe things are not an NFL conspiracy. Maybe we have the SOS. Are we to be the next America’s team? The Saints? No way. The Saints will surely bite the hand that feeds them."
- This is completely unintelligible. First of all, the timeline... Wasn't Bush in camp long before the Dallas game?? And I'd love someone to explain the SOS and biting the hand comments.

"Payton turns to his home town and signs free agent quarterback Drew Brees"
- Again, a bit confusing... Payton's working in Dallas, but it's DREW'S home town

"stealing a quote from a winner-Just Win Baby Win!!!!!!!!!!"
- Where do I start? OK, not to be picky, but there's no extra Win on the end, if you're going to use a famous quote you should get it right, and is there anyone else at this point that would refer to Al Davis as 'a winner'? Certainly he has been a winner, but looking at his team currently, it seems like a terrible choice of words.

I know I'm over-analyzing... just thought it was so bad it was funny!!

:strawb::Bandance:

I am from Laurel too, and I dont get into articles about the Saints that are written locally. If the Saints article was not written by a major newspaper or magazine, I just dont read it.

Yea I don't think it was meant to be serious, however there are many people who feel like this, I run into them all the time, and not just about the Saints but in most Pro Sports(its mostly old timers I talk to) but I got into a debate in the barber shop with my barber who seriously believes that there is a "mafia" like conspiracy that fixes certain games, and of course he said that this year they were fixing Saints game. This was the week of the Eagles game and he had used the ATL game as an example and said there was no way that ATL could play that bad, especially Vick. He also said the reason he feels this way is because of the way certain point spreads turn out(what he doesn't realize is bookies are making money regardless of point spread) that it must be something to it. He said this happens all the time. I also asked them that if this was something that he has observed for many years and there's a good chance he knows how the scores may fall why not drop money on it, I know I would, he brushed it off and said he doesn't gamble or whatever. The last and final thing that had me cracking up was he said that in almost these exact words "there's no way the Saints are going to beat the Eagles at home" he said that this "mafia" organization would not LET the Saints win 3 home games, that was too much he said. I then went on to ask him that when the Saints beat the Eagles at home and blow your mafia theory out the water what are you going to say then??

I wonder what happened to those "mafia" guys, damn they must've went under after that week...

My apologies for posting the article. I'll be sure to run each one by the masses here and through no less than 3 (ea) Journalism and English professors before making the same mistake.:rolleyes:

My apologies for posting the article. I'll be sure to run each one by the masses here and through no less than 3 (ea) Journalism and English professors before making the same mistake.:rolleyes:

Are you kidding? Look at all the great response it got... Better than another where's Devery Henderson thread

If the possibility of a conspiracy theory regarding the Saints hasn't crossed your mind (given the multitude of non-Saints like occurrences this year), you haven't been a Saints fan long enough.

Conspiracy, ju-ju, karma...whatever. I just hope it continues. If pressed, I would've predicted 4 wins for this team this year. It's all gravy at this point.

As Tom Jackson said on pregame last week. It's not THAT big of a suprise that we turned around so drastically. We got rid of Haslett and Brooks ("just by getting rid of Aaron Brooks you improve your team by 25%," -Tom Jackson) over half the roster overhaul. Add Drew Brees, Reggie Bush, a healthy Duece McAllister and Joe Horn. I predicted a strong season, 9-10 wins, based on these facts. The only things holding me back were a suspect defense and offensive line, one of which has proven me wrong and the other being better than i thought they would for the most part.

gotta admire the smell of Masonite there...

oops, guess this admits i've been thar.. lol

I don't think i've went as slow as 40 in that curve ever. makes getting off at 16th st. fun. Well, except for when I noticed that big light on top of car behind me.
Have they gotten with the times on the lights yet? In early 90's they were still the ol andy griffith style.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom