Did You Sell Your Tickets to the 49ers Game? (1 Viewer)

Did you sell your tickets to 49ers game?

• Yes

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • No

Votes: 102 32.5%
  • I'm not a season ticket holder

Votes: 154 49.0%
  • Tacos

Votes: 41 13.1%

• Total voters
But I also think we have a ticket broker problem, and with tens of thousands of people on a waiting list, that's not fair to them. If you sold your tickets, please say yes, that's cool. Thanks for your data and Who Dat.

What is stopping the tens of thousands on the waiting list from buying tickets on the secondary market? Do they only want to go to games if they are season ticket holders? I have yet to see any secondary ticket website that does not allow Saints fans to buy home game tickets. If the posts here are any indication, the Saints fans are all waiting until 30 minutes before kickoff to buy tickets for as cheap as they can, and by then, a lot have already been sold to visiting fans who had to plan a trip way in advance and wanted to lock up game tickets before making plane and hotel accommodations.

I do not care either way for the brokers. The Saints know who they are and if they choose not to care, why should I?

For the record, yes, I did sell my tickets to the 49er game. I pick a few of the games I really want to attend each year and sell the rest. Back when I sold them in June, I wasn't expecting it to be a match up of 10-2 teams. Had I known, I probably would have marked this as one to attend.

Where were all the diehard fans in the early 2000’s when there were empty seats and season ticket packages that wouldn’t sell for under $200 per season? The real diehard fans bought them up in fear that Benson would move the team. Stop whinnying and get in line for your tickets.

Didn’t sell yesterday or any other game since I had these 2 seats. That includes preseason which I also attend.

The 4 seats next to mine in 117 have been for sale on Ticketmaster for every game this year.
Same. In all the years I’ve had my tickets, I never met the people that owned the two to my right... until the NFC Championship last year.

Those same seats were listed on the Ticket Exchange for $2,100 each before the game so I’m assuming they didn’t sell.

If they specifically state “you must attend games” at the outset that’s a different story.
They don’t have to, the tickets are still the Saints property to do with as they please. Essentially, they’re just being leased to season ticket holders on a year-to-year basis at their discretion.

Interestingly, the Saints sent out a survey this morning to season ticket holders, about overall experience, that added a question about what games have you attended this year.
Appreciate the heads up to check my email.

It was like a Steelers game, but with douchier opposing fans.
:facts3:

When I catch the guy who did this, I'll make sure he is punished appropriately. :hihi:
I feel this has BobE written all over it. ?

:hihi:

Hey do you own them?
Technically the Saints own them. Hence why they can be revoked at anytime. ??‍♂️

This stuff just makes me chuckle. The Saints fan base is one of the best traveling fan bases in the NFL. How do you think the saints fans that follow the team on the road gets tickets? I assume since most of you on this board don’t have season tickets it’s easy to cast stones.
Visiting fans are good for the local economy. I personally have a friend who is a French Quarter Artist and needs the visiting fans as they buy a lot of stuff. The hotels, restaurants need it. It’s all part of the economy and something the NFL totally supports and encourages.
My group loves the dome and we are loyal season tickets holders however as soon as the schedule is released we are even more excited about what road games we are going to. If you haven’t tried it I suggest you do. If you have gone to a road game then you can’t say a dang thing because chances are you bought you’re tickets on the secondary market.
Interesting, you even have “broker” in your username...
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Over here in the UK, my football/soccer club has its own ticket exchange.

As long as the game is sold out I can give my seat back to the club to sell on to somebody else and if it sells (for face value only) they deduct that amount from the cost of my season ticket the following season.

It’s a win/win. I know only my teams fans can buy my ticket, they’re not getting ripped off by hiked prices and I have less to pay when it’s time to renew.

Over here in the UK, my football/soccer club has its own ticket exchange.

As long as the game is sold out I can give my seat back to the club to sell on to somebody else and if it sells (for face value only) they deduct that amount from the cost of my season ticket the following season.

It’s a win/win. I know only my teams fans can buy my ticket, they’re not getting ripped off by hiked prices and I have less to pay when it’s time to renew.

I was thinking that would be a great way to do it here. The issue is, I don't know that the league would sign off on that, as they are deeply in bed with the ticket transfer services.

How do they determine who is in the eligible pool to buy a ticket? (e.g. what's to stop a Chelsea fan from registering as an Arsenal fan)

I'll sell my rights after this season. If no one steps up and buys the two seats in the lower 624 section I'll sell the games one at a time as I did this time around. I listed them for sale in the tickets forum here on SR and no Saints fans stepped up this year. I am not just going to give up my seats without compensation though. I used to go to every game but my health has kept me away (Knee replaced and shoulder cuff surgery) also my son moved out of town and he was who I used to go to games with. Hit me up, act now and you can get the playoff seats this year.

This is the Quote that always gets me though. You say we can’t claim the best fans if WE SELL. tickets to NINERS FANS. I went to this game, but have sold tickets in the past. I did not select a box on the site stating that only the opponents fans can buy my tickets. The folks who sold their tickets yesterday, I’m pretty sure, didn’t put a restriction on their tickets that only 49er fans can buy them. If we have the best fans, The Who dat nation, why don’t the supposed 50k fans on the waiting list scoop up the tickets for sale? Therefore, I blame the saints fans that don’t have tickets, that say they want tickets, for not buying them and allowing the opposing fans to buy them when I can’t make a game.
I'm sure those Saints fans don't want to be ripped off considerably just to watch their home town team.

I live in Vegas and a lot of the people I know are trying to scoop up season tickets to the Raiders to only attend a game or two. I started to wonder if that's the norm around the country, or just Vegas.

Where were all the diehard fans in the early 2000’s when there were empty seats and season ticket packages that wouldn’t sell for under $200 per season? The real diehard fans bought them up in fear that Benson would move the team. Stop whinnying and get in line for your tickets.

That’s when I bought mine. I have to get up at 3:30am to make it to a noon game. I usually miss two games per year. Those games were determined way back in July when I had no idea this would be a big game. At that point it was decided the two games to miss would be Arizona and San Francisco.
Wait till we hit hard times. I wonder if the big talkers were sitting in the dome with me looking at a bunch of empty seats after a 1-3 start in 2016. Right now I’m offering up my seats to the two games I don’t attend next year at face value to anyone willing to also buy my two preseason games at face value. Selling the 49ers and Cardinals games this year still didn’t make up all of the losses of me selling $132/ticket seats for $25-35/ticket for two preseason games.

Last edited:
I was thinking that would be a great way to do it here. The issue is, I don't know that the league would sign off on that, as they are deeply in bed with the ticket transfer services.

How do they determine who is in the eligible pool to buy a ticket? (e.g. what's to stop a Chelsea fan from registering as an Arsenal fan)
Yeah doesn’t the NFL have official resellers? They might take a dim view to that.

Usually for games that away fans are likely to try and buy tickets in the home ends you would need to have a previous purchase history to be able to buy a ticket. It’s not a fool proof system but it works most of the time.

Obviously it’s different over here in that fans are segregated so it’s a bit stricter. If an away fan makes themselves known in a home end they will be ejected from the stadium more often than not.

a friend of mine on the inside at the Saints Org said after the amount of fans of the 49ers, talk in the org is that they are going to start filming the dome during games and reviewing seats and sections to determine whether or not they cancel season tickets. i didnt realize it but she said as per season ticket rules they can be revoked at anytime without reason. She also said that there will be a tip line possibly going out so you can report specific seats that are being sold consistently. sounds like they are going to tighten this up.
I’m not against anyone selling their tickets, but I do think it’s smart to revoke their tickets with so many people on the waiting list. I actually buy my 2 from a guy I know at cost. I’ve been on the waiting list since 2013 and never received any offer to buy season tickets. I would love to be able to turn in a few seats in my section that have never had the same face in them twice. They are available online every single game.

Does anyone know where the tickets are printed? What I found curious was one season I bought season tickets via third party online. I had to pay double face value after fees and stuff. Then when my packet arrived, it was sent from Las Vegas. Just seems like there is a company out there somehow getting packages to markup and resale. Wouldn’t put it past the NFL to actually be the ones doing it or getting paid to allow it and make it happen.

Does anyone know where the tickets are printed? What I found curious was one season I bought season tickets via third party online. I had to pay double face value after fees and stuff. Then when my packet arrived, it was sent from Las Vegas. Just seems like there is a company out there somehow getting packages to markup and resale. Wouldn’t put it past the NFL to actually be the ones doing it or getting paid to allow it and make it happen.

IIRC, the tickets ship from Metairie, not Vegas, but I don't know if they are printed locally or not.

What if I said I sold my tickets to 49ers fans? What are y'all gonna do about it, give me Falcon logos? lol

What if I said I sold my tickets to 49ers fans? What are y'all gonna do about it, give me Falcon logos? lol

It was more a data gathering exercise. We're at ~16% of the respondents here who said they sold their tickets. Which would put opposing team fans at about 11,200 (seems high, but possible). I'm more curious and why I did the poll was to understand if ticket brokers hold a lot of tickets, or if that's just perceived.

*This isn't a big enough sample to be statistically valid, or for me to bother to calculate a margin of error, but I just wanted some data, as that's what I do for a living. Ok, I calculated, margin of error is 11% based on current votes.

It was more a data gathering exercise. We're at 16% of the respondents here who said they sold their tickets. Which would put opposing team fans at about 11,200 (seems high, but possible). I'm more curious and why I did the poll was to understand if ticket brokers hold a lot of tickets, or if that's just perceived.

*This isn't a big enough sample to be statistically valid, or for me to bother to calculate a margin of error, but I just wanted some data, as that's what I do for a living.

Hard to define a ticket broker in this case because an individual could just buy a seat or two for season tickets for only resale purposes and be considered a broker because it's the same as the actual brokers working for companies. They both buy and sell.

Hard to define a ticket broker in this case because an individual could just buy a seat or two for season tickets for only resale purposes and be considered a broker because it's the same as the actual brokers working for companies. They both buy and sell.

My definition would be person who buys tickets and never attends games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom