Did You Sell Your Tickets to the 49ers Game? (1 Viewer)

Did you sell your tickets to 49ers game?

• Yes

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • No

Votes: 102 32.5%
  • I'm not a season ticket holder

Votes: 154 49.0%
  • Tacos

Votes: 41 13.1%

• Total voters
It was more a data gathering exercise. We're at ~16% of the respondents here who said they sold their tickets. Which would put opposing team fans at about 11,200 (seems high, but possible).

What makes you think that 100% of tickets sold by SR members went to opposing team fans?

What makes you think that 100% of tickets sold by SR members went to opposing team fans?

I'm not--hence my unscientific comment. It's just a single data point, that aligns with most observations yesterday. (Around 10% 49ers fans)

Any out of towners like me who also buy a hotel room for game days get ready to eat it in the playoffs this year because rooms are sky high for the divisional round with the national championship game in town. Looks like that’s going to be $400 for a holiday inn express.

Last edited:
I'm adding a poll to this thread. It's anonymous. I mean the data is there, but I just want to see the results.

The game sucked, but I don't really want to talk about that. It's one thing to lose a game, at home, but another to have fans from the other team celebrating in your row and in your section.

While there have been visiting fans at every game since the dawn of time, yesterday was the worst I've ever seen it. I'd say a good 30% of the lower bowl on the 49ers side was their fans. I'd say like 10% of my section (309) was 49ers fans. That's kind of absurd.

The reason why I'm posting this poll, is that I suspect, a lot of tickets are owned by ticket brokers who never go to games. Ever. The Saints should have access to this data, as they can see SeatGeek transfers. I would like them to take action against ticket holders who never go to games. I don't know that the granularity exists in their data to ID giving away tickets et al.

Also, please note, I understand people need money, and sometimes sell tickets for big games. But I also think we have a ticket broker problem, and with tens of thousands of people on a waiting list, that's not fair to them. If you sold your tickets, please say yes, that's cool. Thanks for your data and Who Dat.

In my old section, the ENTIRE row was on sale on stub hub every game. I sat behind opposing fans for 10 years every. Single. Game.

IIRC, the tickets ship from Metairie, not Vegas, but I don't know if they are printed locally or not.
I remember a few years recently the tracking number saying they were being shipped from Arkansas, but the return address was always labeled as the Saints practice facility (where they were be returned to in the event of an unsuccessful delivery).

What if I said I sold my tickets to 49ers fans? What are y'all gonna do about it, give me Falcon logos? lol
Yes. :hihi:

Any out of towners like me who also buy a hotel room for game days get ready to eat it in the playoffs this year because rooms are sky high for the divisional round with the national championship game in town. Looks like that’s going to be $400 for a holiday inn express.
Yeah I had to pre pay for the Saturday night that weekend. Hope we have a game. If not I guess I’ll just go pass a good time there anyway.

Yeah I had to pre pay for the Saturday night that weekend. Hope we have a game. If not I guess I’ll just go pass a good time there anyway.

I don’t know if I can justify that for the divisional round. I may look to stay closer to Baton Rouge.

I rely on the re-sale market. With my job, I was only able to go to one game this year. Was able to make 6 games last season.
It's like that for me with my work. I'd love to become a season ticket holder, but it would only make sense for me financially if I'm able to sell tickets to games that I couldn't attend. This year? That would just about have been all of them. I'm for tightening the belt on resale brokers, but I hope it doesn't hurt the re-sale market to the point that it makes it harder (or much more expensive) for guys like me to purchase tickets.

a friend of mine on the inside at the Saints Org said after the amount of fans of the 49ers, talk in the org is that they are going to start filming the dome during games and reviewing seats and sections to determine whether or not they cancel season tickets. i didnt realize it but she said as per season ticket rules they can be revoked at anytime without reason. She also said that there will be a tip line possibly going out so you can report specific seats that are being sold consistently. sounds like they are going to tighten this up.
YESSSSS. Sweet. I was about to suggest that to people going to the games even. Start taking pictures of the seats that are constantly being filled by different people and turn the photos over to the Saints. These people are taking tickets away from actual Saints fans that can never get off the waiting list.

I said it yesterday, for all the 49ers fans there, they still made no impact on the game. NONE. The only impact they made is the annoyance they caused Saints fans saying "Ugh, there's a lot of red here today." Not once did you see Brees or anyone on the team get rattled by the contingent of 49ers fans.

Rattling brees wasnt the issue we are complaining, it was the lack of noise against the 49ers. I watched the game at home and thought where is the crowd noise? Why isnt that dome louder when the 49ers offense was on the field. Trust me.. it made a difference.

YESSSSS. Sweet. I was about to suggest that to people going to the games even. Start taking pictures of the seats that are constantly being filled by different people and turn the photos over to the Saints. These people are taking tickets away from actual Saints fans that can never get off the waiting list.

The people that sit next to me are different every week but that’s because a company owns the tickets and gives them out to clients.

I don’t expect the saints to ever do anything because the most important thing to them is that all of the tickets are sold. There will come a time when we hit a few bad seasons and they won’t all be sold.

Most of the seats we saw red in on TV are $200-350/ticket face. I can find threads here with waiting list people passing up on those seats because they were too expensive. Many of the waiting list people want cheap season tickets. I promise the saints aren’t interested in lowering ticket prices. Mine have gone up 164% since 2006.

I stopped reading at the “this game sucked” part.

It was an instant classic with minutes still left on the clock.

We have a team that is playoff ready. Have a good day

a friend of mine on the inside at the Saints Org said after the amount of fans of the 49ers, talk in the org is that they are going to start filming the dome during games and reviewing seats and sections to determine whether or not they cancel season tickets. i didnt realize it but she said as per season ticket rules they can be revoked at anytime without reason. She also said that there will be a tip line possibly going out so you can report specific seats that are being sold consistently. sounds like they are going to tighten this up.

What makes this a little hard to believe is that surely they know via electronic means which ones were sold and at which price. You have to do it through your account.

Part of the reason why I'm so focused on the lower bowl, is those tickets cost about $3k/season ticket (in the club section anyway). Assuming no one is buying 1 ticket, you aren't broke if you are laying out $6k for tickets. I seriously wonder how many of those tickets are held by brokers, which is what I would like the Saints to identify.

If individuals sell their tickets to a game or 3, that's fine, but if someone literally never goes to a game, shouldn't someone who would go and support the team get a chance to buy tickets at face value? It was my observation that the upper deck had a lot less red in it than down below (I sit in 309, and like I said, about 10%, more than normal, but it wasn't like the lower bowl)

I'm pretty sure they don't even try to sell those. Yes, they're premium seats, but I'd buy them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom