Did You Sell Your Tickets to the 49ers Game? (1 Viewer)

Did you sell your tickets to 49ers game?

• Yes

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • No

Votes: 102 32.5%
  • I'm not a season ticket holder

Votes: 154 49.0%
  • Tacos

Votes: 41 13.1%

• Total voters
The saints go out of their way to make it easy to sell your tickets. Ticket manager allows you to list on seat geek and nfl with a click of a button. They are not in anyway concerned with the selling of tickets by season ticket holders. Nor should they be IMO. If they specifically state “you must attend games” at the outset that’s a different story.

The NFL collects money on the exchange, I'm sure. So it's as if they sell the ticket twice. I'm sure they like the secondary market.

Where were all the diehard fans in the early 2000’s when there were empty seats and season ticket packages that wouldn’t sell for under $200 per season? The real diehard fans bought them up in fear that Benson would move the team. Stop whinnying and get in line for your tickets.
That's exactly when I got mine. It was 2002 and the entire season was $150 so I got 2. Those tickets are just under $700 now.

A solution for those of you who have to sell tickets because of how far you live from New Orleans, or because that it really, really helps to be able to lay off a couple of tickets per year for cost reasons: Put together a viewing group.

I have both issues to some extent: I live 1,200 miles from New Orleans, so it's an extra $300-$400 per game to fly home, but my Dad stood in line for season tickets in 1966 and you'll pry them from my cold dead hands, if at all. But obviously between cost and work, I'm not seeing a ton of games.

On the financial end, in 2006 I thought it was important to keep the team and I knew we had to sell the place out, so I got some friends together on a pledge and stepped up for four club corner seats (YOLO, right?), and we've been having a ball since 2006. Among these guys and their friends and families, the tickets are always used by Saints fans, and I am never out of pocket. It was a little extra work to pull together, but it's another way to share something with your best friends.

Now, for people who buy season tickets but need (or feel a need) to make a profit off some of those tickets to pay for the rest of their tickets, I totally get it.

For those of you who buy the tickets just to make money off them, you probably don't even know what saintsreport.com is, so **** right off.

This whole thread is like the pot calling the kettle black. Meaning, how come we boast and brag that we are a great traveling fan base but don’t recognize others? Why is it ok for us to buy tickets to other stadiums on the secondary market but not to sell them? Double standard.

One last thing.... No I wasn’t there Sunday. I sold my tickets. I have been a season ticket holder since 2004. I live over 1000 miles away and it’s hard to make every game. So, it’s not like I live within driving distance. If I want to sell some games over face value to recover travel expenses then that’s my prerogative. I have offered them up to other Saints fans and members here and usually people want to try to get them below face value. BDM

Rattling brees wasnt the issue we are complaining, it was the lack of noise against the 49ers. I watched the game at home and thought where is the crowd noise? Why isnt that dome louder when the 49ers offense was on the field. Trust me.. it made a difference.
And you are absolutely wrong.

Lack of noise? What the hell? Did you hear what you wanted to hear?

49ers players said it was the loudest, craziest environment they had ever been apart of. Give me a break.

The Dome was plenty loud Sunday and everyone who attended would attest to that, except you I guess because it wasn't loud enough from your couch.

Oh please...

I hope they are careful with that though. We've had our season tickets in my family for nearly 3 decades. We've attended, from out of town requiring overnight stays, probably 95% of the games in that time, preseason excluded. That said, this year it just so happened that if falls during my wife's third trimester with our soon-to-be twins. We did attend the early season games between myself and my wife and my parents, but will end up missing the final 3-4 games due to her very impending delivery. Some tickets I gave away free to friends, and a few I sold.

But my point being, someone suddenly being gone for half a season or more may have legitimate reasons. I hope they truly look back over the course of one's history if they go that route, and not base it on one half season or even one whole season. People have things that do come up, and the Saints should reach out to those individuals rather than assume they know best. Because it would be a shame for 1 good set of fans to be swept up accidentally even if you get rid of 10 "bad" fans at the same time.
When Denver did it, it was only season ticket holders who'd barely attended a game over a multi-year period. Not one season. If the Saints were to do the same, you wouldn't have anything to worry about.

And you are absolutely wrong.

Lack of noise? What the hell? Did you hear what you wanted to hear?

49ers players said it was the loudest, craziest environment they had ever been apart of. Give me a break.

The Dome was plenty loud Sunday and everyone who attended would attest to that, except you I guess because it wasn't loud enough from your couch.

Oh please...

I've definitely heard louder games on tv. Last years NFC championship, '09 nfc championship. Eagles/rams last year. I've also heard some cheers for the 49ers from the crowd. You were there so of course it seemed loud to you, that's not what I heard from my chair that was the closest seat to the tv.

I've definitely heard louder games on tv. Last years NFC championship, '09 nfc championship. Eagles/rams last year. I've also heard some cheers for the 49ers from the crowd. You were there so of course it seemed loud to you, that's not what I heard from my chair that was the closest seat to the tv.
So if I'm THERE and can say it was loud....you are arguing that you, NOT BEING THERE, can argue it wasn't as loud?

LMAO ok my man. Ok.

Dude, the networks put a filter on the crowd noise so it doesn't drown out the commentators. If you didn't see Jimmy G struggling to get the playcall in for most of the game by having to cover both ear holes on his helmet, you just weren't paying attention.

And on your comparison sake, the playoff games were louder than a regular season game? YOU DON'T SAY!

And I can promise you, last Sunday was definitely louder than the Eagles regular season game last year. That game was a blowout, we didn't need to maintain the levels of loudness like we did last Sunday.

Sorry, you're hearing what you want to hear. You saw a lot of 49ers fans in the audience and you instantly convinced yourself the Saints HFA was thus, in your view, lacking.

The NFL collects money on the exchange, I'm sure. So it's as if they sell the ticket twice. I'm sure they like the secondary market.

The should end all discussion about ticket holder punishment. If you think the NFL is going to take tickets away from someone for re-selling them and making the NFL an extra 20% per ticket, you haven't been paying attention.

The should end all discussion about ticket holder punishment. If you think the NFL is going to take tickets away from someone for re-selling them and making the NFL an extra 20% per ticket, you haven't been paying attention.
The NFL isn't the one taking the tickets away, the team is. Denver did it a few years ago from all the brokers who ONLY buy the tickets to sell them on the secondary market at a profit. They didn't take them from fans who have to sell a few games a year. Teams aren't looking to punish their own fans, they're looking to get more fans into the seats when there's a long waiting list because of brokers who force those of us on the waiting list to pay a premium to see our home team play.

And, yes. I had season tickets from 1999-2005. I gave them up after 2005 because I was living out of town and wasn't going to be able to make it to a single game. Obviously, had I known the turnaround that was going to happen, I'd have kept them but I wasn't in a situation to try and play fortune teller when I'd just lost all of my earthly possessions, my job, and there were questions about the Saints selling/moving the team and if the city would ever really recover.

Last edited:

And generally the tickets people are seeing on TV are lower bowl tickets in the $200-350 face value range which a lot of people on the waiting list aren't willing to pay for. Revoke ticket rights from people who are willing to pay that and the Saints may have to lower prices to get the "real fans" in. I just don't see that happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom