N/S Didn’t realize Dean Cain (Superman) was such a good athlete... (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Dean Cain ’88 – Played Superman on television. Impersonated him on the field, too, with a Princeton best-ever 22 career interceptions in just three seasons, 12 his senior year. Recorded three picks in one game three times. Opponents threw away from him of course, and Princeton’s greatest-ever free safety still made plays. “Incredible instincts, athleticism and underrated as a tackler,” said teammate Surace. First-team All-American and two-time first-team All-Ivy. “Physical and smart, there was not a ball in the air that he did not believe was his to catch,” said Verbit.

Remember the old Rock n Jock games on MTV? Use to dominate on the court amd baseball field as well....

IIRC, Dean Cain was a defensive back at an Ivy League school and was drafted in the middle rounds by the Buffalo Bills. I will now Google that to see if my memory is correct.

Or you could just read the OP :hihi:
[/QUOTE

Looks like I was wrong only about the drafted part. Bio says he was a UDFA with Buffalo.

One Saints-related item I picked up while looking up the 1988 draft was that the Saints were among six teams which had 14 picks in the draft. This is why I often say Finks was good for stability but bad otherwise. Fourteen picks and missed on darned near all of them. Ironhead was a bust (personal reasons, of course) and Perriman was wasted on a pedestrian offense.

Dean Cain ’88 – Played Superman on television. Impersonated him on the field, too, with a Princeton best-ever 22 career interceptions in just three seasons, 12 his senior year. Recorded three picks in one game three times. Opponents threw away from him of course, and Princeton’s greatest-ever free safety still made plays. “Incredible instincts, athleticism and underrated as a tackler,” said teammate Surace. First-team All-American and two-time first-team All-Ivy. “Physical and smart, there was not a ball in the air that he did not believe was his to catch,” said Verbit.

He was an overall decent guy, as well. A couple years older than me, but down to earth and a huge gym rat. He was always the center of attention even when he shouldn't have been.

IIRC, Dean Cain was a defensive back at an Ivy League school and was drafted in the middle rounds by the Buffalo Bills. I will now Google that to see if my memory is correct.

Princeton with me, Ted Cruz and he dated Brooke Shields.

Dean Cochrane is our celebrity Saints' fan. LINK

The other guy is just someone who played Superman. :D

And...

(from Wiki): "he set a national record with 12 interceptions (in just 10 games) during the 1987 season "

(Also played HS baseball with Charlie Sheen and Rob & Chad Lowe)

Here's some highlights:

And...

(more importantly) - he dated Brooke Shields for 2 years while at Princeton! ; - )

[I'll leave it up to you to Google that...]

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom