Didnt have that "sinking" feeling up by 11 in the 4th (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I remember first 4-5 games, being up in 4th with a lead only to have that feeling of "uh oh" as our opponent started to move the ball/put up a score.

I havent had that for last 3 games.

Good feeling.

thanks DA/Defense.

Oh and i think we tied or set record with consecutive games without allowing 100 yd rushing !!!!

Agree. We continue to find ways to win. It may not be pretty, We may not have had Brees but we found a way to keep lead and win. That is what builds a Superbowl team. Old saying, Offense wins games, Defense wins championships.

I agree. For the first time this year, I was confident the defense would hold the line in the second half. They gave up a TD on the first drive and another 3 points with no help by the special teams and offense. They were making plays. I knew the 49ers fast start would turn into a long day.

When Brees didn't start the 2nd half, I knew we would still win. I knew the defense would step up similar to last year when Bridgewater had to start. They proved me right.

We set the record with 52 which counts regular and postseason.

Wondering what to make of this stat. It is a passing league for the most part. I thought maybe it made more sense if we hadn't allowed over 100 yards combined rushing.

I remember first 4-5 games, being up in 4th with a lead only to have that feeling of "uh oh" as our opponent started to move the ball/put up a score.

I havent had that for last 3 games.

Good feeling.

thanks DA/Defense.
Me too. 2 reasons. 1- D has been playing like madmen. 2- That group San Fran trotted out would struggle vs. the Jets.

Wondering what to make of this stat. It is a passing league for the most part. I thought maybe it made more sense if we hadn't allowed over 100 yards combined rushing.

It is. ( a passing league for the most part )

But if you have a solid run game, you can bleed the clock.

Teams are highly unsuccessful at doing this vs us, thus giving us the opportunity to "stay within winning distance" for instance.

Also, we have seemingly developed a front 4 DLine that can pressure the QB without having to bring an extra player ( 5 ). Making it difficult for teams that end up being one dimensional.

It is. ( a passing league for the most part )

But if you have a solid run game, you can bleed the clock.

Teams are highly unsuccessful at doing this vs us, thus giving us the opportunity to "stay within winning distance" for instance.

Also, we have seemingly developed a front 4 DLine that can pressure the QB without having to bring an extra player ( 5 ). Making it difficult for teams that end up being one dimensional.

Exactly. This D makes the opposing offense one dimensional. And now it seems like the D is starting to be able to handle that one dimension.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom