Didn't see this posted RB at combine caught Saints eye... (1 Viewer)

I just hope that Reggie is watching film on how to run between the tackles. He can do it if he can just get some of the details down. (like follow Mike Karney?)

I wouldn't mind if we picked up Green in the 6th or 7th round. Forte either. Both have potential. I think Reggie and PT can carry the load if we don't get one though.

To be honest Ole Miss really hasn't had a QB that can throw the ball since Eli. Perhaps it wasn't his hands that were the problem.
How good does a QB need to be to throw screens and wheel-routes? That's the stuff they give to QB's who aren't very good or have little experience to give confidence to them. It's a high-percentage pass.

There is this undrafted 2nd year guy out of Illinois who broke many records there, including some of Red Grange's. I have knowledge that he's gonna be in training camp this summer.

Yep, I think so too, but why waste a draft pick, especially when Thomas deserves a shot, Stecker proved a solid backup, and if the FO is really insecure about all our guys then spend some of the excess FA cash on a stud like Michael Turner, who is one of the best FAs out there (I mean the guy isn't just a yards per carry machine - check out Football Outsiders analysis of him over the past few years and you'll discover he also gets the tough yards when called on).

If we pick another RB this year in the draft I think I'm gonna puke in my Aints bag.

I think a RB pick would be a low one and he would be brought in to compete with Thomas. As impressed with Thomas everyone was, he's only started one game and has very little experience. He could blow up and play like he did against Chicago all the time, he could never put up another game anywhere near that Chicago game again, or he could fall somewhere in between. There's just no way to know what he will do, so taking a late-round RB wouldn't be a bad idea if no one else we want is available.

Yeah coz with Mac, Bush, Stecker and Thomas we really really need another RB...why don't we offer a contract to Michal Turner too.:dunno:

Deuce has 2 bad knees, Bush has shown no signs of being a top flight NFL RB, Thomas had like 1 good game as a starter, and Stecker as our full time starter scares not one single team in the league. I like all these guys and wish them all well, but our RB situation is no where near as solid as you think and it couldnt hurt to bring in some new blood if for no other reason than to push the guys we already have.

Green Ellis is a very good back. He ran behind a poor to mediocre OL at Ole Miss and was pretty dang good. I don't know that we really need to look at RB, unless we're cutting someone loose, but he'll be a good late rd pick for whoever takes the chance.

Ole Miss had a very good offensive line. A horrible passing game, but a quality offensive line.

MLU said:
I don't know if he really fits in an offense that requires the runningbacks to be able to catch the ball. He hasn't really shown that he has even decent hands at Ole Miss.

Wasn't really asked too. Normally you'd consider that an indictment on him, yes (if he could catch, they'd use him that way) but considering the recent UM coaching staff that doesn't inherently mean anything.

The core problem with BenJarvis is he doesn't have breakaway speed. He's not going to time below 4.5 and I wouldn't be too shocked he ran on the plus side of 4.6.

He's a very good college running back. He's got a solid cutback, he has great instinct and patience as a runner, and is very "solid". In some respects he's very similiar to Pierre Thomas (who ran a 4.66 in the combine) which, I'm sure, is what the Saints are thinking if they're interested in BenJarvis.

But like Thomas, he isn't going to time well enough to justify a high pick, if any considering how loaded the draft is at RB. I wouldn't be suprised to see him be an UDFA, though probably a succesful one.

I don't think it really means anything, Reggie and Pierre will be holding down this run game, though I'm sure a runningback will be taken or brought in as a UDFA, but I think Bush comes back better and Pierre comes back and shows he is a player.

I think Bush comes back better and Pierre comes back and shows he is a player.
What do you have to back this up? Anyone can simply state their opinion, but I don't hear the Saints coaches saying anything.

This is pointless...

What do you have to back this up? Anyone can simply state their opinion, but I don't hear the Saints coaches saying anything.

This is pointless...

Uh, this is Saintsreport.com right? The place were Saints fan come and talk Saints Football and give there "opinions" on the state of the franchise.....right? I mean I'll leave if this is the wrong place....I'm just saying.

Uh, this is Saintsreport.com right? The place were Saints fan come and talk Saints Football and give there "opinions" on the state of the franchise.....right? I mean I'll leave if this is the wrong place....I'm just saying.
Exactly. Thank you.

Green Ellis is a very good back. He ran behind a poor to mediocre OL at Ole Miss and was pretty dang good. I don't know that we really need to look at RB, unless we're cutting someone loose, but he'll be a good late rd pick for whoever takes the chance.

Benjarvis is a beast.

Very underrated

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom