Didn't see this posted RB at combine caught Saints eye... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Per Draft Daddy.

"Ole Miss tailback BenJarvus Green has caught the eye of New Orleans, Chicago and Philadelphia. The young man has one of the best bodies in Indy."

He wouldn't be a bad pickup in the later rounds. On a side note they also said that Matt Forte has generated a ton of interest so far.

Green Ellis is a very good back. He ran behind a poor to mediocre OL at Ole Miss and was pretty dang good. I don't know that we really need to look at RB, unless we're cutting someone loose, but he'll be a good late rd pick for whoever takes the chance.

I don't know if he really fits in an offense that requires the runningbacks to be able to catch the ball. He hasn't really shown that he has even decent hands at Ole Miss.

Green Ellis is a very good back. He ran behind a poor to mediocre OL at Ole Miss and was pretty dang good. I don't know that we really need to look at RB, unless we're cutting someone loose, but he'll be a good late rd pick for whoever takes the chance.

the Duece will be cut loose..

Yeah coz with Mac, Bush, Stecker and Thomas we really really need another RB...why don't we offer a contract to Michal Turner too.:dunno:

If we take another RB in this draft I think Deuce will be cut. He could be cut before his upcoming roster bonus and this may hint that we are planning for life after Deuce.

If we take another RB in this draft I think Deuce will be cut. He could be cut before his upcoming roster bonus and this may hint that we are planning for life after Deuce.

Yep, I think so too, but why waste a draft pick, especially when Thomas deserves a shot, Stecker proved a solid backup, and if the FO is really insecure about all our guys then spend some of the excess FA cash on a stud like Michael Turner, who is one of the best FAs out there (I mean the guy isn't just a yards per carry machine - check out Football Outsiders analysis of him over the past few years and you'll discover he also gets the tough yards when called on).

If we pick another RB this year in the draft I think I'm gonna puke in my Aints bag.

Last edited:
Deuce and Stecker could be gone so i'd think they'd be looking for a brusier. And, did'nt we sign thomas to 1yr deal, or pick up an option or something like that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom