Die Hard Questions (1 Viewer)

MF when I came in and asked for Holly McClane why didn't you just say she's at the holiday party on the 30th floor, they're the only ones left in the building!? Why make me go through that whole song and dance with the computer??????? (Not what McClane actually says, but should have)

Maybe because if he had said "Oceanic Airlines?" The guard would have said, "Oh, they're gone for the day, the only ones left are the Nakatomi folks."

yeah, how unrealistic :mad:

Love the movie (one of my all time favorites).

But how many of you realize that, in those days, you really couldn't interrupt someone on a typical walkie talkie. You had to wait for them to finish and release the button. Yet they did that all through the movie.

(actually, it was possible, but you had to have some pretty sophisticated gear - not only with the walkie-talkie, but with a repeater on a tower somewhere - and if that had been the case the cops could have shut down their communications in short order).

Just sayin!

This has always been my question about Die Hard. Check out the poster for the movie

MPW-76646

12 Terrorists. 1 Cop.

By my count there are 13 terrorists.

I'm bumping this since I am doing my annual Christmas time Die Hard viewing now.

As for the points in the OP...

1. Totally agree and this has always bugged me.

2. It wasn't just a Christmas party. They were also celebrating a deal they made earlier in the day. :ezbill:

Best xmas movie ever...

John McClane, "You throw quite a party. I didn't realize they celebrated Christmas in Japan."

Joseph Takagi, "Hey, we're flexible. Pearl Harbor didn't work out so we got you with tape decks."

John McClane, "Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."

Hans, "The following people are to be released from their captors: In Northern Ireland, the seven members of the New Provo Front. In Canada, the five imprisoned leaders of Liberte de Quebec. In Sri Lanka, the nine members of the Asian Dawn movement..."
McClane, "What the efff?"
Karl, "Asian Dawn?"
Hans, "I read about them in Time magazine."

The list goes on...

1. Since she was generro maybe the guard didnt know who this mcclane woman was so had him check to see if she even worked there. Hello, mcfly. Pay attention.

2. Its the japanese. You can go out and get chinese also on christmas day or havent you seen a christmas story? Those crazy asians.

The Japanese prefer supporting Col. Sanders for their holiday meal...

BBC - Capital - Why Japan celebrates Christmas with KFC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom