Difference between Fathers Day and Mother's day (1 Viewer)

In my world there is a big difference. On Mother's day, I made breakfast in bed for the wife. Handed her a bunch of DVDs to watch all day and she got to do whatever she wanted all day long. I cooked all 3 meals, cleaned the house with my 2 sons, and basically let her have a quiet relaxing day.

On Father's day, I was guilted into going over to my Grandmother in law's house to dig a trench for her gutter drainage system for 4 hours. After that, I had to go to my niece's birthday party that isn't for another 2 weeks, but they thought it would be more convenient to have it on Father's day since everyone would be there, so I spent my Father's day digging a ditch and watching a pre-teen open presents.

Yay.

Sounds pretty normal. Last year I was asked what I wanted to do. "Go fishing by myself with a six pack and a lawnchair and a couple sandwiches. Enjoy a nice day in the mountains with no one complaining (wife and daughter hate to do things like that)

I got to cook for a family and friends BBQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see.. I cooked breakfast (I just told her she had to wisk the eggs, at least), she cleans up like normal. I prepped a pork shoulder in the slow cooker for dinner. And I made a pizza for lunch. We all watched Zootopia together, that was nice.

I fixed the boy's fire TV remote. I had to wait to use my own PS4. I took the 10 yr old to Target to buy shoes, and look around. I got myself a short sleeved button up shirt.

Finally, at 6pm, I got to sit down, and do whatever the heck I wanted. I played some video games, drank some rum and cokes, and watched the NBA finals in peace.

I kept making jokes, like "isn't this supposed to be my day?" themed.

Could this be a reason for the difference?

Attachments

• zits.gif
    zits.gif
    154.9 KB · Views: 33
As a mom, I prefer Father's Day, and here's why: on Mother's Day we met the kids at a restaurant and fought the crowds. On Father's Day, the kids come over and spend the afternoon, I cook a lot of stuff and my son-in-law grills steaks.

Hope all the dads on SR had a great Father's Day like we did!!

You could always tell your son in law for next mother's day you'd rather have them come over and grill you steak.

It's actually more sad than funny. One of my coworkers had a big rant about this with me. He gave up. it's his kids job. She'd get mad if he didn't buy her something. Same with Christmas. He always squirrels away money, gets her something nice, he always gets something cheap, crappy, and not really thought out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom