Difference between Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford (1 Viewer)

One of them gets sacked a lot by Cam Jordan.

Jordan has 23 of his 107 sacks on Matt Ryan. That is over 20% of his career sacks from one QB. Cam Jordan owns Matt Ryan? More like he owns that entire Offensive Line.
It is actually an NFL record - one player sacking the same QB. No other player has sacked the same QB more than 20 times.

Stafford unfortunately wasted his best years in Detroit
He also went to the playoffs and lost in Detroit with Megatron. I'm curious why people omit that part of the Stafford narrative. Hopefully, he can prove his doubters wrong now.

Stafford is 0-3 in the playoffs. Ryan took the Falcons to the SB. That's a pretty significant difference. Ryan has clearly had a better overall career than Stafford.

That said, Stafford could change that perception this playoffs, but I tend to doubt it.

4253b85bfdc493b2122c4c7ec96fa888.jpg

Layers ... :hihi:

Stafford has the arm talent to be one of the best, but Ryan has a much better football IQ.

Combine the 2 and you'd have a great QB.

He also went to the playoffs and lost in Detroit with Megatron. I'm curious why people omit that part of the Stafford narrative. Hopefully, he can prove his doubters wrong now.
Just because they made the playoffs doesn't mean they were good. With a run of the mill QB Detroit never makes playoffs and maybe has more 0-16 in it's past.

Of all the QBs we've talked about acquiring he was the guy I wanted. (I don't count Rogers and Wilson. Those were pipe dreams.)

Matt Ryan’s wife seems less inclined to vocalise her views about football, LA ticketing arrangements, the autocratic front office in Detroit, and a whole manner of other things that have made Matt Stafford’s wife generally unlikeable to two groups of football fans.

Just because they made the playoffs doesn't mean they were good. With a run of the mill QB Detroit never makes playoffs and maybe has more 0-16 in it's past.

Of all the QBs we've talked about acquiring he was the guy I wanted. (I don't count Rogers and Wilson. Those were pipe dreams.)
Going to playoffs multiple years means you are above average team. I think his biggest issue was that he was in the same division as Rogers. I think he's a little overrated but we'll see this year with LA.

I'll give you an unpopular difference. I'd take Matt Ryan over most of the names being mentioned as possible QBs next season. When it comes down to what it will take to acquire and sign, I think Ryan might be a dark horse if he and Falcons part ways.

I'll give you an unpopular difference. I'd take Matt Ryan over most of the names being mentioned as possible QBs next season. When it comes down to what it will take to acquire and sign, I think Ryan might be a dark horse if he and Falcons part ways.
If the Saints sign Ryan it will cause a rift in the space/time continuum and cause the multiverse to revert back to a pre-bang state of existence.

Other than that it could work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom