Difference between Stuffing and Dressing (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve always called it stuffing

My girlfriend and her family calls it dressing
=================

In the ultimate ranking of Thanksgiving sides, many will agree that stuffing comes out on top. But you might have heard this irresistible dish referred to as “dressing” in some households across America. So, we had to ask: What’s the difference between stuffing and dressing?

Historically, there’s a notable difference between stuffing and dressing. Though both dishes contain the same staple ingredients (dried bread cubes, diced vegetables, broth, butter, herbs and spices), stuffing is what goes inside a turkey or chicken while dressing is baked in a separate casserole dish on the side.

However, you’ll hear anecdotes of someone putting their dressing inside the bird and another family serving stuffing on the side. So what’s the deal? What it boils down to (in the modern era, at least) is regional slang.

Southerners are going to call this favorite holiday side dish dressing, while people in pretty much every other part of America call it stuffing..........

They are pretty much interchangeable, and generally, cooking "stuffing" inside a bird is a bad idea because it messes up cook times. If you want turkey drippings in your stuffing/dressing, add them separately.

We called it stuffing growing up. My wife’s family calls it dressing. I don’t care if it is stuffed or dressed or whatever. It is stuffing.

It is little battles like this that keep our marriage the disaster it is.

I enjoy cooking... been doing the turkry and dressing for my peeps for years... and the dressing is the bomb... I tried oyster but never had success... but after years of work... my dressing contains mushrooms andouille and shrimp...

I make batches so big I mix it in a 5 gallon bucket.... I think that I end up with about 5-7 pounds of it per batch. But I love the stuff....

It can’t be stuffing if you’re not stuffing it in something.

I don’t think we’ve ever discussed dinosaurs on the EE. Start a thread?

You cant have a discussion about dinosaurs without also discussing their domestication by primitive man. I saw a great documentary on it when I was younger

b8d648829de157a4a067362097adec75.jpg

I am sure that you saw that topic on the other board you have been cozying up with you two timing harlot

your confusing me with assemble.

Image result for it wasn't me gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom