Difference between Stuffing and Dressing (1 Viewer)

You cant have a discussion about dinosaurs without also discussing their domestication by primitive man. I saw a great documentary on it when I was younger

b8d648829de157a4a067362097adec75.jpg
One of my favorite cartoons after the Bugs Bunny Road Runner hour and Superfriends

Many different names for seasoned bread.

I enjoy cooking... been doing the turkey and dressing for my peeps for years... and the dressing is the bomb... I tried oyster but never had success... but after years of work... my dressing contains mushrooms andouille and shrimp...
Oh, oyster dressing is my fave.

Man I can’t stand stuffing/dressing. It’s second most hated for me behind beets.

In our house, stuffing is the bread cubes that people buy to mix with hot water. Dressing is the stuff we make from cornbread. Nothing goes inside the bird but a half onion, half apple, sprigs of rosemary and thyme.

Whatever you call it, it’s usually my favorite part of a holiday plate
No idea why I only eat it twice a year

I’ve gotten lazy and now just get the crawfish dressing from Langensteins
I even use it as a ‘condiment’ for leftover turkey sandwiches

To me based on family experiences or better said cooking cultures

stuffing has bread , cornbread etc

dressing uses rice , dirty rice specificity

They are pretty much interchangeable, and generally, cooking "stuffing" inside a bird is a bad idea because it messes up cook times. If you want turkey drippings in your stuffing/dressing, add them separately.

Yep, it's a very bad idea. You can get a pretty nasty food borne illness cooking stuffing inside a bird. Cooking the stuffing to a safe
temp inside the bird means you have to overcook the meat to get there. The best and safest bet is to cook separate and add later.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom