Difference between Stuffing and Dressing (1 Viewer)

So my favorite holiday dish is usually my mom's rice dressing, and no it's not dirty rice, it's similar, but different.
My grandma used to make cornbread dressing, or a oyster or shrimp dressing, but I haven't got those recipes.
My Uncle makes an awesome Mirltion shrimp dressing.

We always made dressing and never stuffing.
Now my wife's family is from Ohio and they always made stuffing. Usually her mom or grandma made homemade stuffing, but we usually just use the box stuff. She then makes mashed potatoes and a gravy from the turkey drippings and now my family always wants it.
But I am a dressing man my self.

I enjoy cooking... been doing the turkry and dressing for my peeps for years... and the dressing is the bomb... I tried oyster but never had success... but after years of work... my dressing contains mushrooms andouille and shrimp...

I make batches so big I mix it in a 5 gallon bucket.... I think that I end up with about 5-7 pounds of it per batch. But I love the stuff....

Dude, Joe, that mushroom/shrimp/andouille dressing sounds awesome! You think i could get that recipe? You can pm me if you don't want to share with everyone....;)

Last edited:
Whatever you call it, it’s usually my favorite part of a holiday plate
No idea why I only eat it twice a year

I’ve gotten lazy and now just get the crawfish dressing from Langensteins
I even use it as a ‘condiment’ for leftover turkey sandwiches

I hate deli turkey, but there is nothing better than a sandwich with real leftover turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and mayo

I hate deli turkey, but there is nothing better than a sandwich with real leftover turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and mayo

I love a good Thanksgiving sandwich

My leftover turkey goes into the turkey and sausage gumbo I make the next day.

they both pass off as better than most of the other thanksgiving sheet.

Please help me with the people who call it dressnin’.
:help:

Last edited:
I always called it dressing. Even thought I grew up with it clearly being stuffed into the bird.

I don’t think I’ve ever had it cooked in the bird

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom