Difference in offense between Pete Carmichael and Sean Payton (1 Viewer)

Randy Jones

Hall-of-Famer
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am curious if the fans will be able to differentiate between Payton and Carmichael's offense, Going back to the year Carmichael ran the offense when Payton was suspended does anyone remember any differences? Nick Underhill made an interesting statement at the end of his daily report regarding the "new version of this offense." I think we the fans are really waiting to know how much difference the offense is going to be under Pete Carmichael versus Sean Payton, After two weeks +, I am not sure if we can discern any difference so far and what that is? We may have to wait for the regular season to find out.

There really wasn't a huge difference other than the defense couldn't stop a soul under spags ..the offense had to roll up over 400+ yards a game minimum on a weekly basis just to keep up on the scoreboard

run game suffered tremendously compared to 2011 and pass game was probably ranked 1 or 2 with ease.

This offense is at it's best when there is a run game established.

run game suffered tremendously compared to 2011 and pass game was probably ranked 1 or 2 with ease.

This offense is at it's best when there is a run game established.

But I wonder how much of that was due to Payton not being there to keep Drew from make it an all air game. I know Sean would get pass happy too but often times it was Brees. Carmichael may just not have been able to keep him from switching out of runs.

I think we will see a similar offense, with some new concepts. I believe that Pete was smart enough to realize that SP’s system and philosophy worked. It just looked different in 2018-2021 bc of lack of weapons and Drew’s arm decline. That wasn’t by choice, it was out of necessity. Arm strength and weapons will not be an issue with this team.

I think Pete prefers to throw more often than run but understands balance. Based on our current personnel we should leverage our superior WRs and elite receiving back. That should be who we are this year but really the same offense.

I am curious if the fans will be able to differentiate between Payton and Carmichael's offense, Going back to the year Carmichael ran the offense when Payton was suspended does anyone remember any differences? Nick Underhill made an interesting statement at the end of his daily report regarding the "new version of this offense." I think we the fans are really waiting to know how much difference the offense is going to be under Pete Carmichael versus Sean Payton, After two weeks +, I am not sure if we can discern any difference so far and what that is? We may have to wait for the regular season to find out.
We as fans have to understand that this is new team with new talented players. While the basic scheme is the same Pete will have the new weapons at his disposal. The key to the success of this team is going to depend on 2 things. 1 How much time will Kamara miss? 2 Injuries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom