Different Dome experience today (1 Viewer)

The Dome was loud. I took my two oldest sons. I was able to get seats in the 300 section since the price wasn’t bad. I’ve taken them dudes to games every year since they were seven and five. This is the first time they saw the Saints win. They were fired up. And now they are both grown with jobs. So they bought my food and beer. It was a good day.

Remined me of the 2014-16 stretch. NONE of the season ticket regulars were in my section. And probably because we were playing LA and their non-traveling fanbase, in their place was a bunch of Saints fans who really seemed to enjoy having the opportunity to be at the game. It was nice to see fans (mostly) non-cynically enjoying a game again for just that: a single game that was a win, regardless of how bad the opponent was.

Of course, they started the wave in the fourth quarter when we were backed up on offense trying to run out the clock :rolleyes: but you can't have everything, I suppose.
That drives me insane..... Then as soon as we go on defense it (the wave) ends..... After 50+ years you would think our fan base would be a little more educated

I almost went... but $20 for tickets... $40 for parking... $12 x 4 for beers... $12 burger. Ya'll STH are rich folk.
Well I have finally hit a point in my life where it is not a strain on the budget..... I've had season tickets for 50 years when I could not always afford them... I used to sit next to people who said they NEVER went on vacation.... All their excess money (and there was not much they said) was set aside for their season tickets.... Those are the folks who made the Who Dat Nation special

Took my dad and stepmom with me and my wife and kids to the game. I was surprised at the attendance. It seemed much better than the home opener, and seemed to have more butts in seats than that game also. They had a great time and me and my daughter's picture made it to the #saintsgameday deal on the board.... except i made a face like i was a bit slow and didnt expect it to ever make it up there..... except it was the very last one put up..... and it was the only one put up and it was bigger than any of the others earlier in the game. my family had a good laugh out of it. All in all 10/10 good time.

Last edited:
Well I have finally hit a point in my life where it is not a strain on the budget..... I've had season tickets for 50 years when I could not always afford them... I used to sit next to people who said they NEVER went on vacation.... All their excess money (and there was not much they said) was set aside for their season tickets.... Those are the folks who made the Who Dat Nation special
Into my 3rd year with season tickets. Took me a little over a decade to get up there to get em, but its been a blessing to me and my family. If its not me, my wife and kids going, Its my friends or extended family using them. These will be handed down to my son, and hopefully his kids one day. Feel very fortunate!!!

Just over 70K attendance -96% full. My usual parking lot was less about half full. I expected a sparse crowd. My section and the dome filled in nicely during the first quarter. A lot of new faces. A good, appreciative crowd.

I always enjoy a win. Only downside today is traffic in BR at the I-10 & I-12 merger. Had to meander through to Hwy 190 to get back to Lafayette.
Always take Highway 90. Always.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom