Digging up bones (1 Viewer)

WhoDatSean

Super Bowl Bound
Reaction score
I came home on my lunch break and turned on NFL Network like I always do and was lightly watching the preseason replay of the jags vs Ravens. In the last minute or so of the 4th quarter a name jumped out at me as the broadcaster was commenting in between plays...Stanley Jean Baptiste. I haven’t heard this name in so long...
Can anyone remind me of this 2nd round pick? I remember his high pick in the draft with high expectations for our team but what was his downfall in our organization? Injuries?

He was just not a good corner for us. He had all of the measurables to be a good CB but it just never came together for him, and we eventually gave up trying.

Not sure if it was his technique, or his will to get better. Maybe it was scheme. Only the staff knows.

Seattle picked him up after the Saints released him and he didn't stick there as well.

Marginal talent is my opinion.

Payton tried to create his own Legion of Boom and Baptist was supposed to be like Richard Sherman but the converted college receiver turned DB was not ready for the pro game.

Stanley was an impulse buy. SP wanted to be like the Seahawks and SJB happened to have similar size to Sherman. The fact that he was a converted WR who was still learning how to play Corner didn't factor in much. Looking back, I guess that fact deserved more consideration.

That 2014 draft was pretty rough. Even by Saints standards.

That 2014 draft was pretty rough. Even by Saints standards.

Basically the entire season was rough, particularly given the expectations coming into it.

That 1 calendar week at the end of October......which involved spanking GB on SNF and then beating Carolina 4 nights later on TNF....gave me far more enjoyment than any other timeframe of that season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom