Diggs vs Marcus Williams (1 Viewer)

I still don’t know what or who he was trying to hit bc it sure wasn’t Diggs😆
Give him a break, he made a rookie mistake. I'm pretty sure he avoided the hit because he was a hair early. The way the refs called that game, he and Lattimore were flagged a bunch in the 1st half for early hits to WR's, which extended drives and put us in that hole. It's never discussed because he never used it as an excuse, I think in that split second he shied away from contact to avoid the flag. Just instinct tempered by coaching. If that were called they would have won on a chip-shot, walk-off field goal and walked away into the sunset to be murdered by the Eagles the following week anyway.

Agree with you except for chip shot FG, if I remember correctly it would have been 50+_

Give him a break, he made a rookie mistake. I'm pretty sure he avoided the hit because he was a hair early. The way the refs called that game, he and Lattimore were flagged a bunch in the 1st half for early hits to WR's, which extended drives and put us in that hole. It's never discussed because he never used it as an excuse, I think in that split second he shied away from contact to avoid the flag. Just instinct tempered by coaching. If that were called they would have won on a chip-shot, walk-off field goal and walked away into the sunset to be murdered by the Eagles the following week anyway.
Yeah…arguably top individual choke all time doesn’t get a pass. You forgive but don’t forget. That play is now a part of Saints subconscious…I’m never going to get over that play. Those that can…I’m happy for you.

Yeah…arguably top individual choke all time doesn’t get a pass. You forgive but don’t forget. That play is now a part of Saints subconscious…I’m never going to get over that play. Those that can…I’m happy for you.
I sympathise. I'm over that one, the game was an all-time emotional roller-coaster for me but ultimately I think Philly was a team of destiny that year.

The no-call, however, far one I'm still bitter about: I wish I could get over it but I still get worked up thinking about it. Basically, I'm ok that the Saints lost on the field. Not outside the lines.

I sympathise. I'm over that one, the game was an all-time emotional roller-coaster for me but ultimately I think Philly was a team of destiny that year.

The no-call, however, far one I'm still bitter about: I wish I could get over it but I still get worked up thinking about it. Basically, I'm ok that the Saints lost on the field. Not outside the lines.
Even worse that that in my opinion was the 49ers playoff game. That was our year…and to see such a legendary game by Brees and Graham…only to lose at the last second. Easily the toughest for me…mainly because I don’t think we win the other seasons.

Umm…basic rule of thumb, keep the play in front of you, and wrap up, upon the catch being completed. That’s not a rookie mistake. That’s a brain fart

He dives to the side, when he was the last line of defense. All he had to do was wrap him up. That’s as basic as basic gets. NOT a rookie mistake

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom