Dinner with Steve Gleason (1 Viewer)

That's really cool. So what was for dinner?

What was for dinner?

Couchon catered the dinner and they roasted a pig at Steve's house along with baked macaroni, salad, quinoa salad, and some other stuff. The food was excellent. The people were great a bunch of reps from Team Gleason were there and they are as genuine as people can be. It was an awesome experience.

Couchon catered the dinner and they roasted a pig at Steve's house along with baked macaroni, salad, quinoa salad, and some other stuff. The food was excellent. The people were great a bunch of reps from Team Gleason were there and they are as genuine as people can be. It was an awesome experience.
They should have added stuffed Panther, and roasted Falcon to the menu.

That is too damn cool. Awesome job man.

Walked into a Mitchell and Ness store on Monday and the family noticed a Saints jersey and said, "Hey, Dad! Who is Gleason?" After a few seconds of composing myself I asked "Remember when I told you about Fujita retiring like a boss at the top of Machu Picchu and he was pushing someone in a wheelchair? That's Gleason.

Tracy Porter's Super Bowl pick 6 was beautiful but Steve Gleason's punt block was like a dream.

One doesn't happen wo the other.

His blocked punt was the first step in this organization rebranding itself as a perennial loser to the cream of the crop. If that block doesn't happen and then the subsequent win against ATL, this team may not have developed the new winning culture as fast as they did. Changing from the 2nd pick in the draft after a 3-13 season to competing in the NFCCG over the course of 1 season doesn't happen unless there is a massive overhaul in team culture.

That blocked punt is just as crucial to this team being what it is as Brees becoming a top QB for us imo bc Brees provides the physical push and Gleason has provided he emotional support ever since that game. Gleason became more than just a fan favorite after that and especially after his health problems started. He will be a part of this organization forever and he has inspired and motivated the players on our team in countless different ways. #37 should be retired.

That is too awesome.

Since 2005 Steve Gleason has been one of my heroes

One question....was there a specific moment in 2005 that made you such a huge fan? Obviously people remember what he did in 2006.....but it sounds like you might have a story from 2005 as well.

Even though Gleason didn't get to play on the 2009 team, I'm glad he got to be a part of some other special moments (the 2006 MNF game, as well getting all the way to the NFCCG..........not to mention being on the team in 2000 when the Saints won their first ever playoff game).

there wasn't one specific moment but after watching games before 06' he was easy to notice on special teams, he's the white guy with long hair that seems to be involved in every play. he was spirited on the field even though he wasn't out there the whole time. then in 2004 or 2005 (cant remember) I got to see him up close at training camp signing autographs he just seemed like he genuinely loved the fans and it wasn't his job to be out there. MNF in 06' sealed the deal and he was THE MAN after that :worthy:

I got to see first hand what Katrina did to the city. i had just moved to baton rouge for college when a month later the storm hit. my dad called me up and 6 days after the storm and said he needed my help. we drove to N.O. and we traded a case of beer and ice for a canoe. we illegally crossed the 17th street canal through the canoe over the concrete wall and paddled about 15 blocks into 8 ft of water in Lakeview. we broke into his gf house and filled our canoe with her clothes and any pictures we could find. long story short i saw some things i will never forget. And when the dome reopened that night in September and Steve blocked that punt it was like waking up from a nightmare and finally being able to celebrate something.

i was sitting way up top when he blocked that kick and the rafters holding up the stands were literally bouncing from everyone jumping. so from then on i was like ****, that's my guy. i am sure thousands of people have told him how much that meant to them but i still think he can't possibly understand.

the Dude is a hero in so many ways and its a shame what is happening to him. it's almost like it's happening to him because he is strong enough to take it. most other people would have given up by now.

Tracy Porter's Super Bowl pick 6 was beautiful but Steve Gleason's punt block was like a dream.

Most emotional moment in Saints football history IMO. Even more so than the NFC Champ game considering the circumstances. I can still tap into the electricity I felt that night in the dome from fellow Saints fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom