Dion Jordan or Ziggy Ansah???? (1 Viewer)

who would you like more??

• Dion Jordan

Votes: 69 50.7%
  • Ziggy Ansah

Votes: 67 49.3%

• Total voters
dion Jordan looks really skinny, most of these 3-4 OLBs are very stout, even the tall ones, doesn't look like the kid has a bull rush move, just length around the OT

I guess we all are entitled to our opinion but the first responder was right..most people are downing Jordan because Ziggy played today but we are talking about a guy that can possibly be selected between 5-9 dropping to us at 15. No power? Just length? Does anyone actually watch football or just comment on a few highlights and what theyve heard from everywhere else. Im just surprised. Like i stated before..i like both but someone did have a good point that ziggy may be a 4-3 DE.

dion Jordan looks really skinny, most of these 3-4 OLBs are very stout, even the tall ones, doesn't look like the kid has a bull rush move, just length around the OT

You should watch more tape on him. Im thinking youd change your mind about the bullrush. But yea..the kid is 6-6, 250..he may have a little power. Lol

Dion Jordan for me.

I love his tools. He has every tool to be dominant at the NFL if he develops. For a guy his size, his ability to cover TE's, slot WR's is quite impressive. His athleticism is immense. His ability to identify and react in the run game is good. His pass rush isn't developed, but it's there. Like he has a wide array of pass rush moves, the problem is they are underdeveloped. Most of the times Oregon made him drop into coverage in passing downs.

If he develops right, he can be a monster.

I'd take Ansah for 2 reasons. 1. He's has an elite motor. 2. He's not a liability in the run game.

In a 3-4 scheme, Ansah will be in his most dominant stance.. Standing upright. The gap between the two as a rusher isn't big.

Whether we pick one or the other it will be futile if Joe Vitt remains the linebackers coach. Development would be crucial with both prospects and a clear lack of development is inevitable with Vitt as linebackers coach. That's the reason I'm leary of choosing either even though they are both very talented with high ceilings I'd feel safer going with more developed prospects. I know many will disagree about that in the case of Jordan.

Ziggy ran the 200m about 1 second slower than the fastest man in the world, Usain Bolt, at 270 lbs. He's got my vote.

He's only really played football for one year, and he had 6 sacks. He's still learning terminology and moves and countermoves and technique. He's rawer than JPP but has probably a higher ceiling. To be that big and powerful, yet run that fast....

I've been advocating for Ansah for a while now and I still want him. The thing is that we need a NT now also with our defensive scheme. I'm glad I don't have to make the really tough decisions. Set back and enjoy the show. In Loomis & Payton we trust!

You can find a 3-4 space eating nose tackle in the later rounds of the draft. You can't find a freak athletic pass rusher with JPP skills past round 1.

Put it this way we are getting either Moore mingo Jarvis Jordan or Ansah no way that none of them drop to 15

Put it this way we are getting either Moore mingo Jarvis Jordan or Ansah no way that none of them drop to 15
we better not take a safety or a DB or something. It should be Fisher or one of the guys you listed plus Bjoern.

I'm ALL IN on Ansah! I've said this on numerous occassions. I've been thinking about this discussion between Dion Jordan and Ezekiel Ansah. I've come to the conclusion that this is similar to a Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham comparison. Both are great players, but in the end it's just preference. I think both Jordan and Ansah will be great! I just so happen to prefer Ansah.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom