Dion Jordan tested his way away from the saints pick (1 Viewer)

No way Mingo makes it out of the top 10 after how he did at the combine. Teams are going to have really reach for QB's for it to happen. Jordan killed it as well, I doubt he'll be there either @ 15.

Then, do any QB's go in the top 10? That will dictate who's available for us more than anything else.

As of now, I think the players that with no doubt will be taken before 15 are:

1) Joeckel
2) Floyd
3) Fischer
4) Ansah
5) Moore
6) Warmack
7) Millner
8) Werner
9) Jordan

From there, players are too close to call, and depending on evaluations and needs, the next block of players is:

Lotulelei
Geno Smith
Lane Johnson
Richardson
Vaccaro
Petterson
Jarvis Jones
Jonathan Cooper
Mingo
Hankins
Jonathan Banks
Xavier Rhodes

Six of these players will be taken before us. I am not sure who but certainly we will get a good player at 15. This draft is so particular because it is tough to identify who will be available because players are too close in their evaluations.

Agreed. I've seen projections of Jordan going as high as Jax.

Even with the health concerns I'd want Jarvis Jones if he were to slip that far.

Chip Kelly: Dion Jordan is

Seems that Chip Kelly, really, really likes him..

Now the only question is was that statement a smkescreen to get a team high on Jordan to call the Eagles for a trade up ("Hey, we're gonna take him if you don't trade up with us"). Time will tell.

And I think my head might explode if we get to #15 and Richardson, Jarvis Jones, and Mingo, are all still available! At that point, if I were a GM, I'd be trying to trade down two spots for more picks and then take whichever one is left rather than be forced to choose between them!... (this is but one of many reasons I'm not a GM) :hihi:

Now the only question is was that statement a smkescreen to get a team high on Jordan to call the Eagles for a trade up ("Hey, we're gonna take him if you don't trade up with us"). Time will tell.

And I think my head might explode if we get to #15 and Richardson, Jarvis Jones, and Mingo, are all still available! At that point, if I were a GM, I'd be trying to trade down two spots for more picks and then take whichever one is left rather than be forced to choose between them!... (this is but one of many reasons I'm not a GM) :hihi:

I think the media is just running with a made up story. Someone asked Kelly about Dion and he said he's liked him as a player. He's just selling one of his guys. Doesn't mean he will draft him. I'm sure if someone asked Pete Carrol about that "stud" safety who came out of USC a few years ago (already forgot his name.. not sure he panned out), he'd have said something nice. Doesn't mean anything.

Everyone knew Dion Jordan was going to have a great combine. He's a great athlete. I don't think he flew up boards, he just didn't drop.

His issue is still that he might be too light even as an OLB. He needs to put on some more muscle.

I think the bigger issues is that Star L has fallen out of the first round, or the NFL all together, unless his heart thing really was due to dehydration. We'll see. Also, D. Moore kinda underwhelmed. Teams will have to do their homework.

Then, do any QB's go in the top 10? That will dictate who's available for us more than anything else.
Mayock made a good point about this that I didn't think about. Jordan had been dealing with a shoulder injury for the entire season, and that affected his ability to add to his frame (via weight-lifting). If you look at his body, you can tell that he has room to fill out a bit more compared to someone like Lemonier who looks like he may be stuck at 255-260lbs because he looks totally filled out.

I think Jordan is gone before we pick and if we want him, we may have to make a move. I love the player and he's who I want for us at #15, we'll see though.

Mayock made a good point about this that I didn't think about. Jordan had been dealing with a shoulder injury for the entire season, and that affected his ability to add to his frame (via weight-lifting). If you look at his body, you can tell that he has room to fill out a bit more compared to someone like Lemonier who looks like he may be stuck at 255-260lbs because he looks totally filled out.

I think Jordan is gone before we pick and if we want him, we may have to make a move. I love the player and he's who I want for us at #15, we'll see though.

I was going to say this too. Apparently, he has had multiple recurrent shoulder problems (according to Mayock). His R shoulder was all taped up and he did not bench at the combine. Mayock speculated that the reason he cannot keep on weight is that he cannot be consistent in the weight room due to this shoulder problem!

I think that is very concerning and may well keep him out of the top 15.

Man, so many guys this year with medical flags. I have an ominous feeling that this going to turn out to be a very weak draft.

Really hope someone reaches for ansah and we get jordan or mingo, both have put on weight, kept their speed and looked great in coverage drills.

I think the media is just running with a made up story. Someone asked Kelly about Dion and he said he's liked him as a player. He's just selling one of his guys. Doesn't mean he will draft him. I'm sure if someone asked Pete Carrol about that "stud" safety who came out of USC a few years ago (already forgot his name.. not sure he panned out), he'd have said something nice. Doesn't mean anything.

Taylor Mays

Sent via Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom