Dion Jordan tested his way away from the saints pick (1 Viewer)

Best thing that could happen to us is a bunch of QB's and RB's rise up the boards. More DT's, LB's, and OT's for us to pick from.

trading back for a couple more picks I don't really mind, but I think we lack the firepower to afford moving up in the 1st. Not only that, but I think the defensive draft is just too deep to want to attempt it, especially for positions that we need to address.

Best thing that could happen to us is a bunch of QB's and RB's rise up the boards. More DT's, LB's, and OT's for us to pick from.

Right now its CB's rising up the boards. Rhodes and Trufant we're guessed to go in the second round, and now Rhodes is looking like a top 20 pick already while Trufant is looking like a late first round, possibly rising to the middle.

But even with that, no way Jordan makes it out of the top 10 what so ever. I'd be surprised if he made it out of the top 5.

Please let him drop to 15. Either Jordan or Ansah i will be ok with.

People hype up the combine results too much, but it is a bit disconcerning that Walterfootball just put Dion Jordan as the #2 overall pick.

Granted, everyone thought Cam Jordan was going to the Chargers like 10 picks before us and he fell in our laps... so.. you never know.

With teams badly needing QBs and tackle I think itll be almost a definite that mingo jarvis jordan or ansah drops to 15, if not and we luck out and eric fisher is there i would be happy, same with milliner.

People hype up the combine results too much, but it is a bit disconcerning that Walterfootball just put Dion Jordan as the #2 overall pick.

Granted, everyone thought Cam Jordan was going to the Chargers like 10 picks before us and he fell in our laps... so.. you never know.

Pre-combine he had him going in the first round because he's an athletic freak. He proves he's an athletic freak and now he's top 3. Makes sense.

jordan just has elite physical tools, size, speed, coverage ability, pass rushing ability, good hips, good tackler, and hard hitter. he has all the tools to be elite, doubt he falls to us but i can hope.

Pre-combine he had him going in the first round because he's an athletic freak. He proves he's an athletic freak and now he's top 3. Makes sense.

Just wait. He's having surgery on the torn labrum. The Media will start bashing him.

Eventually everyone will go back to the tape and look at production and effort. Not saying those are knocks on Dion, just that it may unhype him a little.

He is projected as an OLB and I doubt anybody in the top 10 pulls the trigger on him, as a DE he is too light. Mayock said he doesn't have any worthy top 10 DEs, so he may be chosen as a OLB prospect, which nobody has a absolute need for that early.

Only three 3-4 teams ahead of us, and ROLB isn't their highest priority. That spot is Jordan's best fit.

I would happily choose Mingo or Jordan.

I try not to let myself get stuck on any one potential draft pick for several reasons:
1) There are plenty enough defensive talent to go around, this year.
2) Sean and Loomis never pick whom i think they're going to pick.

I'm not going to sweat it, I'll be glad with whoever we pick up.

I'm torn between a pass rushing DE/OLB like Jordan or Mingo and getting a replacement for Vilma like Minter (I would love to see him turn into a Vaughan Johnson). Yes, I chose LSU guys only cause those are the first ones that popped in my head and are both projected high enough to actually go in that spot.

That's how I envision Ogletree. I think he'd make a great WILB freeing up Tez to make an impact. That's why I want him or Rhodes...or Minter....all while trading back. :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom