Dion Jordan tested his way away from the saints pick (1 Viewer)

clbelyeu

Rookie
Reaction score
Im think we either go with mingo, or trade pending who is available. Demontre Moore was a stud, but im questioning his work ethic now. On another note the new DB coach worked with Ray Ray Armstrong, i hope we get him later on or undrafted.

Im think we either go with mingo, or trade pending who is available. Demontre Moore was a stud, but im questioning his work ethic now. On another note the new DB coach worked with Ray Ray Armstrong, i hope we get him later on or undrafted.

:jpshakehead:

Can we get more details on how Jordan tested? I'm not sure what you mean when you say tested your way away.

He showed out at the combine, he will probably get picked earlier in the draft

There are ONLY 14 draft slots ahead of us in the 1st round. Not all of those teams will pick defense and there are a plethora of good defensive players in this years draft. I'm not worried about settling for a player, because Loomis and Payton won't do that in a draft this defensively talented. So, needless to say there is more than enough talent to go around and if not I'm really hoping we trade down.

I try not to let myself get stuck on any one potential draft pick for several reasons:
1) There are plenty enough defensive talent to go around, this year.
2) Sean and Loomis never pick whom i think they're going to pick.

I try not to let myself get stuck on any one potential draft pick for several reasons:

This is so true. I remember last year my exact words were, "Who in the **** is AKIEM Hicks?"

Im more so curious what yall would do with the pick, not that im stuck on a player, but dion jordan was obviously favored for NOLA to pick. Yes plenty of players to go around, but we have limited picks.

I'm torn between a pass rushing DE/OLB like Jordan or Mingo and getting a replacement for Vilma like Minter (I would love to see him turn into a Vaughan Johnson). Yes, I chose LSU guys only cause those are the first ones that popped in my head and are both projected high enough to actually go in that spot.

3) The guys we REALLY want very rarely ever make it down to our pick.

I'm torn between a pass rushing DE/OLB like Jordan or Mingo and getting a replacement for Vilma like Minter (I would love to see him turn into a Vaughan Johnson). Yes, I chose LSU guys only cause those are the first ones that popped in my head and are both projected high enough to actually go in that spot.

Ha ha, you got neg rep'd because you want to pick up Minter. Just playin

Trade down. Stockpile picks. Hopefully Ogletree is there in 20s, or Rhodes in early 2nd if we can trade down that far...

Everyone knew Dion Jordan was going to have a great combine. He's a great athlete. I don't think he flew up boards, he just didn't drop.

His issue is still that he might be too light even as an OLB. He needs to put on some more muscle.

I think the bigger issues is that Star L has fallen out of the first round, or the NFL all together, unless his heart thing really was due to dehydration. We'll see. Also, D. Moore kinda underwhelmed. Teams will have to do their homework.

Then, do any QB's go in the top 10? That will dictate who's available for us more than anything else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom