Dion Jordan will miss 3-4 months after shoulder surgery (1 Viewer)

This is getting really silly, now. As Jack Diesel has pointed out, the injury/surgery is old news. The comment about Jordan not being built strong is ridiculous. It is the same injury that Drew Brees suffered in the final game of his career with the Chargers. It has very little do with being built strong, and as we saw Brees, you can come back from the injury and have a strong season. Assuming that Jordan has the surgery immediately after the combine, he should be ready for training camp, and might even possibly be ready for June minicamp (though if drafted by the Saints I suspect they will take it easy on him).

If anything, his decision to put off surgery shows his competitiveness. He is willing to go out there and show what he can do. As I stated the other day, this is far different than Jarvis Jones who has chosen to sit out the combine workouts despite not having any reported injury. Jordan is a tough kid, a potential impact performer, and someone we should be very fortunate to have if we draft him.

To answer the question asked. No he has never played in a 3-4. So he would have to learn a new scheme. As far as why put off the surgery- he needs to be there to show off his athletic ability. He has no stats to base his selection off of. If he would have had the stats he would not have to worry about his draft position he would have had the surgery the day after his bowl game. Then he could have been ready for ota's and mini camps. Instead now one setback and he misses training camp. I never was a fan of his, and this does nothing to change that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom