Dion Jordan would be a perfect fit at 3-4 OLB (1 Viewer)

One of the main reasons Jordan is light is because Chip Kelly's practices are notoriously heavy on cardio regardless of where you play. Burning all those calories makes it difficult to bulk up.

With a good pre combine regimen He'll show up 255-260 no doubt.

I doubt it he has a torn labrum so he can't workout

Yup. Plus he's a speed rusher, and did it at 225 pounds. What happens when/if he puts on all that weight? It might compromise what he does best, which is speed off the edge.

Aw snap I forgot all about that. :covri:

He'll gain weight as soon as he's able.

Yup. Plus he's a speed rusher, and did it at 225 pounds. What happens when/if he puts on all that weight? It might compromise what he does best, which is speed off the edge.

Gaining 20 lbs shouldn't really slow down a guy with his body type. Once he bulks those legs up he could even become more explosive.

Maybin gained 30 lbs and became quicker! Granted he hasn't done much in the league but the point is he gained speed and got bigger.

Aw snap I forgot all about that. :covri:

He'll gain weight as soon as he's able.

Gaining 20 lbs shouldn't really slow down a guy with his body type. Once he bulks those legs up he could even become more explosive.

Maybin gained 30 lbs and became quicker! Granted he hasn't done much in the league but the point is he gained speed and got bigger.

Agreed, aldon put on like 20 pounds and he looks fast to me

the Aldon part was true but this is flat out not true. Maybin overtrained himself and became heavier than his body could take and never got his body back the way it should be. never got his fluidity and explosion back to what it was

Where are you getting 225 lbs? I've never seen that before for Jordan. Now 6'7'' 243 lbs would be more accurate.

With a 6'7 frame I'd be shocked if he couldn't add another 10-20 lbs of muscle without comprising himself.

Actually i meant exactly what i said... hes a better fit for a SOLB in a 4-3 because of the bigger bodies that will help protect him from the wear and tear of 1st n 2nd down. 3rd down's he could rush the passser. He could also stay@ his same weight and play the position.

To be used as a SOLB in a 3-4 would waste his talents and he doesn't have the frame to do it and he would be exposed a lot in the run game.

Putting him@ WOLB in a 3-4 exclusively would not make use of his ability to cover...unless u used him as a chess piece.

Hes best used to his full ability in a 4-3 front. Just my own opinion though. He might make an excellent 3-4 OLB for all i know.

You may be right. I think that SOLB in either the 3-4 or 4-3 would probably work. He may be a bit undersized for 3-4 OLB at this time...but he has the frame that can carry much more weight. Plus, he has potential to be one of the better coverage guys in the NFL.

I think that Ansah is a 4-3 DE...and if he puts on another 10-20lbs..maybe even a 3-4 DE.

Where are you getting 225 lbs? I've never seen that before for Jordan. Now 6'7'' 243 lbs would be more accurate.

With a 6'7 frame I'd be shocked if he couldn't add another 10-20 lbs of muscle without comprising himself.

Jordan could definetly add 15 more pounds putting him at 6"7 265 without losing any speed when ur that long it affects u less.

6-foot-6, and an official playing weight of 243 pounds (which was closer to 230 on the field), Jordan could fall short against NFL blockers if he doesn't spend the pre-draft process getting bigger the right way.

So his playing weight was around 230. There no way he can add 35 lbs and keep his speed. Especially since he can not work out with the surgery. Grab a 35 lb weight and start running, that's alot of extra weight to carry!

the Aldon part was true but this is flat out not true. Maybin overtrained himself and became heavier than his body could take and never got his body back the way it should be. never got his fluidity and explosion back to what it was

I distinctly remember Maybin adding 30 lbs and increasing his 40 time. After a poor showing at the combine his pro day results catapulted him back up the draft boards.

Imo he was never really that fluid to begin with and that's something cannot be said about Jordan.

I distinctly remember Maybin adding 30 lbs and increasing his 40 time. After a poor showing at the combine his pro day results catapulted him back up the draft boards.

Imo he was never really that fluid to begin with and that's something cannot be said about Jordan.

he added the weight before the combine, he did indeed improve the 40 time during his pro day but everybody does. he just got too big

http://blog.pennlive.com/bobflounders/2009/03/medium_maybin_before_after.jpg

actually shows it, and at penn state maybin looked like a natural pass rusher with great getoff, actually wasnt that dissimilar from mingo (but a bit shorter). Then he overdid it in the weightroom and the agility never came back

he added the weight before the combine, he did indeed improve the 40 time during his pro day but everybody does. he just got too big

http://blog.pennlive.com/bobflounders/2009/03/medium_maybin_before_after.jpg

actually shows it, and at penn state maybin looked like a natural pass rusher with great getoff, actually wasnt that dissimilar from mingo (but a bit shorter). Then he overdid it in the weightroom and the agility never came back

We'd be looking for Jordan to gain 15-20 lbs distributed over a 6'7 frame

And Maybin gained 30lbs distributed over a 6'4 frame with much shorter arms and torso.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom