Dion Jordan would be a perfect fit at 3-4 OLB (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
When you look around the league there are TE's like Gronk and Gonzalez, you need a linebacker to drop back and cover those huge recieving threats.

Dion Jordan:
Height: 6-7
Weight: 243
Projected 40 Time: 4.70

Dion Jordan vs USC 2012. - YouTube

Here's some film of him covering slot recievers vs USC

If we take Dion, I want us to make sure he can be an elite pass rusher 1st. He is a beast and has the tools but I don't want him with 15th overall to cover TEs all game. He has to be a beast pass rusher in the DC's eyes.

If we take Dion, I want us to make sure he can be an elite pass rusher 1st. He is a beast and has the tools but I don't want him with 15th overall to cover TEs all game. He has to be a beast pass rusher in the DC's eyes.
He can defitnetly get to the QB, no doubt.

I just don't see Jordan as an immediate impact guy. He has talent and can potentially develop into something great, but I don't see him lighting the world on fire as a rookie.

I just don't see Jordan as an immediate impact guy. He has talent and can potentially develop into something great, but I don't see him lighting the world on fire as a rookie.
Measureables are there. What makes you think he cant be an immediate impact guy?
Just needs the right coaching IMO

At 6-7, he should bat down lots of passes, that is something we miss on defense. Hard to tell who we pick, the combine is going to paint a good picture of how the draft will play out. This is going to be a weird draft with not many household names at QB, I wonder what team reaches for someone early which disrupts the entire flow of the draft.

I think when thinking of players like Jordan...or even Galette...you have to think about how demarcus ware was used in Dallas...he was the pass rusher first and weak side defender...so he covered space...not a tightened...that's why its so important that the defensive coordinator be able to tailor his defense to the strength of his players.... We would have to figure out our defense before we make a wish list of yge players we want drafted in it.

He is actually probably better suited to be a SOLB in a 4-3 but thats another story.

When you look around the league there are TE's like Gronk and Gonzalez, you need a linebacker to drop back and cover those huge recieving threats.

Dion Jordan:
Height: 6-7
Weight: 243
Projected 40 Time: 4.70

Dion Jordan vs USC 2012. - YouTube

Here's some film of him covering slot recievers vs USC

The USA Today mock that was released this morning has Jordan coming to us. Of course they do mention the pending surgery he's supposed to have on his shoulder possibly raising a red flag.

I want either him or mingo.

They have Mingo going 5th to Detroit as a possible replacement for Avril.

2013 NFL mock draft: Who will be No. 1 pick?

If he weighs in at the combine at less than 250lbs, I doubt that any 3-4 team will take a chance on him at OLB in round one.

He could be a top 10-15 selection for a 4-3 team at that weight but not in a 3-4.

Jordan was recruited as a tight end, but made the switch to defense before the 2010 season. He has all the explosiveness and pure speed you could ask of a pure-pass-rusher, but at 6-foot-6, and an official playing weight of 243 pounds (which was closer to 230 on the field), Jordan could fall short against NFL blockers if he doesn't spend the pre-draft process getting bigger the right way.

Kenjon Barner and Dion Jordan starred at Oregon, but size matters in the NFL | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

looks too skinny to me. wonder how strong at the attack he would be, I don't know of any other OLB that look quite that skinny, most seem very stout

no thanks on jordan, if i want a kid i at least want one who was good in college

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom