Dipping your pen.... (1 Viewer)

It's because you meet their work personality, you know the cool, funny, laid back, always up for a joke side of her personality.

Then you get involved and you meet their dating personality.... Jealous, controling, demanding, generally just all out crazy.

And we never see it coming :9::idunno:

Right. Unfortunately, I think a lot of us will put on a certain persona at work, especially if we work around a lot of men. We don't want them to feel ill at ease with us. We need to be "one of the guys" because that makes everything go more smoothly. The problem is this: Either you are really one of the guys or you are not. You can't fake it 24/7.

welcome back

thanks

My most serious relationship was with a girl I met at work and continued to work with for 3 years. I actually just broke up with her a couple of months ago, simply because I could not see myself marrying her. We worked for different companies for the last year of the relationship.

As far as the dynamics of working together...

We kept it very strictly under wraps for the first year. We'd go to lunch a couple times a week but that was nothing out of the ordinary. After work we'd both go home and then meet up later. If we shacked up we would always drive seperate cars etc etc.

We moved in together after a year, so for two years we lived together and worked together. Honestly, for the two of us, this situation worked well. We were highly compatable at the time and we didn't interact all that much at work so it wasn't too much overkill. After word got out that we were together, we were greeted warmly by coworkers, although it did have an effect on my relationships with other girls in the office. That actually kind of sucked. I had a couple good female friends there. They kept a little more distance after finding out about our situation.

I think it worked because we were in seperate departments and rarely worked on projects together or were even in the same room unless we decided to be, which was often. Looking back, had we been on placed on some projects together or been asked to work closely on something, it could have very well spelled disaster. I'm a strong personality in the office and generally light hearted at home. She was the same way. Feelings may have come before the job at hand.

Would I date a coworker again? Absolutely, if we weren't in the same dept. It was convenient, I got to see alot of the person who was in my life, and we did fun office stuff. :mwink:

Also, in this day and age, it's hard to deny the fact that one of the most opportune palces to meet a mate is in the office.

My most serious relationship was with a girl I met at work and continued to work with for 3 years. I actually just broke up with her a couple of months ago, simply because I could not see myself marrying her. We worked for different companies for the last year of the relationship.

As far as the dynamics of working together...

We kept it very strictly under wraps for the first year. We'd go to lunch a couple times a week but that was nothing out of the ordinary. After work we'd both go home and then meet up later. If we shacked up we would always drive seperate cars etc etc.

We moved in together after a year, so for two years we lived together and worked together. Honestly, for the two of us, this situation worked well. We were highly compatable at the time and we didn't interact all that much at work so it wasn't too much overkill. After word got out that we were together, we were greeted warmly by coworkers, although it did have an effect on my relationships with other girls in the office. That actually kind of sucked. I had a couple good female friends there. They kept a little more distance after finding out about our situation.

I think it worked because we were in seperate departments and rarely worked on projects together or were even in the same room unless we decided to be, which was often. Looking back, had we been on placed on some projects together or been asked to work closely on something, it could have very well spelled disaster. I'm a strong personality in the office and generally light hearted at home. She was the same way. Feelings may have come before the job at hand.

Would I date a coworker again? Absolutely, if we weren't in the same dept. It was convenient, I got to see alot of the person who was in my life, and we did fun office stuff. :mwink:

Also, in this day and age, it's hard to deny the fact that one of the most opportune palces to meet a mate is in the office.
A lot of this is how my situation was.We kept it secret but when people found out they were all like "awww how cute" and we also didn't work directly together. I am the warehouse manager and she is outside sales so we saw each other at work but not all the time. I'm willing to bet that if we worked directly together all day it would have led to problems at home or vice-versa. The old "oh, it's you again" kinda thing.

I'm willing to bet that if we worked directly together all day it would have led to problems at home or vice-versa. The old "oh, it's you again" kinda thing.
Tell me about it. Two co-workers of mine ended up in a knock-down, drag-out fight (well, she slapped, he shoved her down) where we had to pull them apart.

Not a real good idea to be dipping the ink in the company well of someone in the same workcenter of the same division of the same department of a Navy warship on a 6 month deployment. :covri: :jpshakehead:

It did provide entertainment for the rest of us though. :hihi:

I was already married by the time I got to corporate America, so my pen has only been dipped in it's own well since then.
However, my first few jobs - at Little Caeser's Pizza and the Hyatt Hotel specifically, I flicked my Bic (tm) to several, lovely female co-workers.
I have two horror stories, but I gotta cut this short because I am about to head home from work. Catch you guys later.

I was already married by the time I got to corporate America, so my pen has only been dipped in it's own well since then.
However, my first few jobs - at Little Caeser's Pizza and the Hyatt Hotel specifically, I flicked my Bic (tm) to several, lovely female co-workers.
I have two horror stories, but I gotta cut this short because I am about to head home from work. Catch you guys later.

One of these was the infamous......um.....really?

I used to work in the restaurant scene for about 3 years. I can say that no good ever came out of dating coworkers. Even just hooking up turned into a disaster somehow.

I've learned that it's best to just keep your business and personal lives separate.

not to many broads in my line of work, and the few we do have I wouldn't dip your pen into. I do have standards, they're low but I still have them.

I married my gross anatomy lab partner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom