DirecTV Sunday Ticket 2010 Deal - $179 instead of $299 (1 Viewer)

they wouldnt budge on the price for me...she said cause i havent had directv for a full year......

Well that was easy. Just called and said I was interested in the NFL Package for $180. Lady said no problem and threw in the NFL To Go also. I wasn't on the phone 5 minutes.

they wouldnt budge on the price for me...she said cause i havent had directv for a full year......

I have had them for 3 years now, but when I called they kept shutting me down. I finally got fed up with it and sent an email in requested the name of their President/CEO and an address to send a letter about how unhappy I was that even though I have had the Sunday Ticket package the last two years and have had the service with them 3 they would do anything for me. Within 24 hours I got a call. I ended up getting it for 200.00, not the best, but better then paying full price...tried to get them to give me the on the go stuff, but they wouldn't....didn't want to press my luck either.

I'm pretty sure they have their customers split into tiers. Depending on what tier you're in depends on what kind of discounts you can get. I'm not sure what the criteria are for moving up.

I've had DirecTV for about 4 years (I've had it many other times in the past, but that doesn't count I don't think). We have the HD/DVR reciever with two other regular receivers. We've got the HD/DVR package as well as HBO. We've order Sunday Ticket the last 4 years.

I called them a month or so ago and just said, "Hi. I know people are getting the Sunday Ticket for $179. I want that deal, or I want to cancel my Sunday Ticket." She told me she was going to look at my account. There was the sound of her typing on the keyboard and then she said, "Oh. That's absolutely no problem and in fact we'll throw in the Sunday Ticket To Go as well."

DaveHoyt

You guys are gonna hate me....I posted earlier in this thread that I tried to get the discount with no happy ending. So I cashed all in(and got rid of it). I thought I would just have to suffer with only getting to watch primetime games this year. Then a phone call from Direct TV came to me last Saturday. It was all blah blah blah until the guy offered all the movie channels and the Sunday ticket with superfan for $35.......total. I was like this is a prank caller. Nope, this was the real deal. I checked my account and all I'm paying is $64 a month for the sunday ticket and everything else is zero'd out except DVR and HD. Which is only 6 bucks more than than what I was paying. It was like I won the superbowl again.

I know this is a slap in the face for those of you who paid full price and a discounted price but I thought y'all should know this type of activity is going on. Not sure why they called me and I got this deal? But who am I to question the football gods and pass up free candy from a stranger.

You guys are gonna hate me....I posted earlier in this thread that I tried to get the discount with no happy ending. So I cashed all in(and got rid of it). I thought I would just have to suffer with only getting to watch primetime games this year. Then a phone call from Direct TV came to me last Saturday. It was all blah blah blah until the guy offered all the movie channels and the Sunday ticket with superfan for $35.......total. I was like this is a prank caller. Nope, this was the real deal. I checked my account and all I'm paying is $64 a month for the sunday ticket and everything else is zero'd out except DVR and HD. Which is only 6 bucks more than than what I was paying. It was like I won the superbowl again.

I know this is a slap in the face for those of you who paid full price and a discounted price but I thought y'all should know this type of activity is going on. Not sure why they called me and I got this deal? But who am I to question the football gods and pass up free candy from a stranger.

Actually, that's only about $10.00 more than what they offer
brand new customers for the NFL+premium channels for
5 months package. With a referral from a friend for $10 off
for 10 months, it comes out $4.00 cheaper than what you're
paying. Brand new customer w/good credit.

Seem to me Direc TV just screws with people every which
way, but no matter what, it seems to be that if you threaten
to cut off service or do cut off service, they go to great lengths
to make you feel like they've done everything they can
to keep you. For some people that works out great,
others not so much. Seems to be the tipping point
is that credit score, but I couldn't make the assertion
stand up in a court o' law cause only "proof" I got
is what a lady from Direc TV told me on the phone,
and clearly, those mofoze will say ANYTHING.

I am moving, so when I called directv to get my service transfered, I ended up with a pretty good deal.
I will pay $59 a month for sunday ticket for 5 months and get the premium package for free for 5 months, which includes all the movie channels.. For the next 5 months my bill will actually be $3 less.

I got it last week.

The deal I got was $29.00 a month for 6 months + they gave me a $75.00 credit on the first months invoice. They also through in 6 months of Starz.

You have to work on them, took me about 20 minutes on the phone but they folded.

No hate...this is how they work...see an earlier post by me in this thread...

I think it is ridiculous that one has to call and threaten to cancel in order to get a decent deal on programming. Plus not everyone gets the same deal. Kinda like a car salesman. I pay one price for a car and my neighbor gets the same car but pays more for it.

I called and told them the only reason I've had DirecTV for the past 13 years is the NFL Sunday Ticket. True. I told them since the ticket was just too high, I was going to go with Dish since it was cheaper with the same programming. True. She gave me the ticket for $169 and gave me $20 off my overall bill for the next 12 months. I love DirecTV.

DirecTV called me on Monday and gave me NFL Sunday Ticket and all of the movie channels for $2/mth for 5 months so um yeah I jumped right on that.

:rock:

All they have done for me since I got back with them in March is screw up my bill.
But their programming can't be beat....

Can anyone verify if you do or don't need to have your DirecTV box hooked up to a landline in order to use Sunday Ticket? I don't have a landline and am interested in getting it.

Can anyone verify if you do or don't need to have your DirecTV box hooked up to a landline in order to use Sunday Ticket? I don't have a landline and am interested in getting it.

You do NOT need a land line. And be sure to search
the forums for "direc TV referral" before you sign up!
(Or just ask someone for a referral. It will save you
and them $10 a month on both your bills, for 10 months.)

I got the NFL Sunday Ticket for $53 a month, for 5 months, but they gave me $10 off for HD on top of $10 off Sunday ticket, AND gave me another HD DVR for free... Plus I got the To Go Online subscription for free...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom