DirecTV Sunday Ticket 2010 Deal - $179 instead of $299 (1 Viewer)

I just called asked them when are they going to start billing for NFL ticket. He said July. Then I asked how much it is this year. They said 299 dollars. I told them that I don't think I could afford it this year. He said how about if I take 20 bucks a month off? I said wow that brings it to 179 or 20 bucks a month for 6 months. I took the deal! It was that easy. I guess it depends on who you get on the phone because I see some people are having to cancel, that sucks.

This is the process I use every year:

1. Wait for this thread.
2. Do what you tell me.
3. Get the same deal you did.

Thanks!

Is that the ticket alone or do you need to sign up for a package? I used to have DTV and canceled al ong time ago. I used to pay $35 a month for the basic package, then they went and screwed that up by turning it into a family package with basically no interesting channels, not even sci-fi and that is now after all discounts $81 a month. Needless to say they'll never get my business back with that kind of pricing.

Thanks for the info guys. I received the $20 a month discount.

I told the operator that money was tight so I had to cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket package. He said hold on while I check for promotions. When he came back, he mentioned that Directv has two promotions. First he said that I could give you $10 off per month. I might have taken that offer if not for the fact that some on here were getting $20 off per month. So I told the operator that even with $10 off it was still to expensive and what was the second promotion. Lastly, he mentioned the second promotion was $20 off per month. I did not push it further and jumped on the bandwagon for $20 off per month.

Funny how they have the promotion for $20 off per month but still offer the $10 per month first. :hihi:

Has any newer DirecTV customers been able to get this deal? I've only been a customer since April, and was unable to get the 10/off a month for the Free HD for life deal, and was wondering if I should even try to get this deal.

Has any newer DirecTV customers been able to get this deal? I've only been a customer since April, and was unable to get the 10/off a month for the Free HD for life deal, and was wondering if I should even try to get this deal.

I have the same question; can a guy who njever paid for Ticket get this deal? Guess it's worth a shot.

yes thanks for the info. I saved $40.00 a month for the tv/movie channels per month, plus another $20.00 a month for the NFL package. (during that cycle my bill will be $60 less per month)

Breakdown:
$10 per month At&t discount.
$10 per month HD discount
$20 per month package savings (i have the package with all the movie channels.)

My bill was $130, now its $90...thanks to the OP!!!

To those who have had it before...does DTV replay the games throughout the week, or do they only play them live?

They replay the shortcuts for a day or two, iirc. Those are the 30 minute versions of the game. It cuts out commercials and all of the standing around during the game.

I called them up the other day, and asked how much, they said 300, I said cancel me, I wont pay it. He change dup and said I can offer it for the same price as last year, 159. I took that offer. otherwise, I would have canceled.

It's kind of amazing how they just give you discounts of 100+ dollars that easy

Not really amazing, thats how much both Sunday Tickey and DTV have been ripping people off over the years.

LOL the call center manager is probably like whats going on here, all these Saints fans calling threatening to cancel. lol

Its time to get your price reduced.

I just called DirecTV to cancel some channels (movie channels). While working on this, told the gentlemen that I wanted to know when I would start being billed for the Sunday Ticket. I was told July. I thanked him and said I am considering canceling, thus I needed to know. He asked why, I told him cost. The package total is $299, and that includes all superfan from 2009. There is an extra charge for Sunday Ticket to go, for viewing games online. He offered me a $10 a month discount (for 6 months), I declined. He offered $20 a month discount (6 months) bring price to $179. He threw in the Sunday Ticket To Go option for free. I accepted at this point.

Over 17 weeks works out to be $10.53 / week. Ok value for me at that price point.

Good luck to all who can get this, or get better discount.

Thanks man. I didn't know about that deal until I read it here. I got it now. Thanks again.

I've had NFL Ticket for over a decade. I always paid full price and never called to get a discounted rate, threaten to cancel, or anything else. The only exception would be a few years ago when they first started offering the Superfan pack. That year I called and got it for free. This year, after seeing this thread, I decided to give it a shot. I called and told them I wanted to cancel it. They asked if I wanted to sign up for direct pay (where it automatically charges my credit card every month.) She said she would give me a $5 credit every month for 6 months if I would sign up for it. I told her "No." She said, "OK, we've removed the NFL Ticket from your account. Thanks for calling."

One more thing. When the rep first came on the line and identified who I was, she said "We'd like to thank you for being one of our long-time, loyal customers." Obviously, that was a lie. I guess they just don't like me. Now I guess I'm gonna have to call back, eat some crow, and see if I can still get it re-added for the "early-bird" price. I wonder how long I should wait before calling back.

I feel like I got screwed! The rep must have been either a Vikings or a Colts fan.

I've had NFL Ticket for over a decade. I always paid full price and never called to get a discounted rate, threaten to cancel, or anything else. The only exception would be a few years ago when they first started offering the Superfan pack. That year I called and got it for free. This year, after seeing this thread, I decided to give it a shot. I called and told them I wanted to cancel it. They asked if I wanted to sign up for direct pay (where it automatically charges my credit card every month.) She said she would give me a $5 credit every month for 6 months if I would sign up for it. I told her "No." She said, "OK, we've removed the NFL Ticket from your account. Thanks for calling."

One more thing. When the rep first came on the line and identified who I was, she said "We'd like to thank you for being one of our long-time, loyal customers." Obviously, that was a lie. I guess they just don't like me. Now I guess I'm gonna have to call back, eat some crow, and see if I can still get it re-added for the "early-bird" price. I wonder how long I should wait before calling back.

I feel like I got screwed! The rep must have been either a Vikings or a Colts fan.

Not a subscriber (I just take the bootleg streams for free if I'm not the bar) but don't give up. Call back, demand to talk to a supervisor, and tell them you know of deals being offered to others and you want the same deal. Do not take no for an answer. If you've got a rep on the phone who is not doing you service, demand to talk to the next one. Get back on the phone and start applying some pressure. They're mega-trillionaire corporations, and if a rep says no to you, it's probably because they already used up their quota of giving out deals. Move onto the next one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom