DirecTV Sunday Ticket 2010 Deal - $179 instead of $299 (1 Viewer)

Hmm might link this tread to slickdeals.net not sure I want to stay with Dircet TV I am moving a few blocks down on the 27 of August and see better deals from Uverse and Dish Network. I hate paying that 10 a month for HD and never getting discounts.

What are people saying to get to the right agent? You know when you are going through the voice commands. Are you saying "cancel" or just "agent" or "NFL Ticket"

I just canceled mine....the most i got offered was down to $239. I even told the gal that they would really have to throw me a bone to keep it. Well she didn't and then she told me she was a bronco fan and I said "I'm sorry"
That probably sealed my fate huh? ha ha
we'll be all over the TV this year anyways.

Last edited:
I am signed up with DirecTV for the Primier Monthly at $114.99, plus HD service at $10 monthly.

I called to renew Sunday Ticket a few minutes ago and the lady wouldn't budge off the $49.99 x's 6 payment plan = $299.94

So I told her to cancel my movie channels.

She transferred me to another agent to execute the movie channel cancellation.

He immediately asked why I was cancelling and I told him because DirecTV wasn't working with me on the Sunday package. I told him my buddies had received the $179 deal, but am apparently not a good enough customer to get the same deal, so let's cancel the movie channels instead.

He said "let me look into it quickly" and I held for 2 minutes.

He offered the $179 deal if I wanted it, including Sunday Ticket, Redzone and HD.

Done deal.

Call, stay calm and you'll get it eventually.

Ok. I usually call to cancel and then try to get the deal. This time I said to heck with it and called them and said it was too expensive and was considering cancelling Sunday Ticket but my buddies got a deal for $179 and I want that deal. What could they really say? Their business was better than mine? No way! It was pretty easy. They immediately gave me the $20 off a month and then I asked if that included the Sunday Ticket to Go. They said no, it was an additional $50. I said that my buddies also got that for free. They put me on hold for 2 minutes probably to get supervisor approval and came back and said that was free too.

If they give you any trouble, I would just ask to talk to a supervisor and ask, "Is my buddies business better than mine?" They don't want to lose any customers so you shouldn't have any problem.

Good luck!

I think it is ridiculous that one has to call and threaten to cancel in order to get a decent deal on programming. Plus not everyone gets the same deal. Kinda like a car salesman. I pay one price for a car and my neighbor gets the same car but pays more for it.

I think it is ridiculous that one has to call and threaten to cancel in order to get a decent deal on programming. Plus not everyone gets the same deal. Kinda like a car salesman. I pay one price for a car and my neighbor gets the same car but pays more for it.

its completely ridiculous, and i'm just not interested in playing this game anymore.

esp, when you consider that its usless for 38% of season for the 6 prime time games we have (heck, saints fans won't even have a use for it until week3), assuming more games are nationally broadcasted by Fox, and they end up being blacked out on DTV and you have watch them on local stations.

Redzone channel and TYT = $299 (or $179) in my pocket.

Got it for $179 today. Could not be happier with money saved!!! Thanks to all.

Just tried...no luck. I have only had DirecTV for a few months. Does the price go down during the middle of the season?

Just got the full discount. $179 for the season with the to go pack included. Good stuff.

Let me throw in my thanks to you guys for making this public knowledge. Called today and got mine dropped to $179 as well.

Another tip I've heard through the grape vine is the best day to call is Monday. Something about their credits are reset on this day. So if you've been having bad luck try on Mon. that's what I'm gonna do.

Another tip I've heard through the grape vine is the best day to call is Monday. Something about their credits are reset on this day. So if you've been having bad luck try on Mon. that's what I'm gonna do.
Monday's the day I called and got nothing but cancelled NFL Ticket. I plan to try again today.

Thanks OP. We got it for $179 as well. We didn't threaten to cancel, we just asked. I figured that after doing this last year they've heard enough of the fake threats to cancel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom