Directv Sunday Ticket (1 Viewer)

I just called back again today...still no movement on Sunday Ticket, but Nadia told me her supervisor told her there WILL be NFL promos in July, August, and/or September...guess I will wait and see what they will say in two to three weeks😡

Had DirecTV for about 10 years. Cut the cord last year. Had Sunday ticket every year, free, except one.

You have to get serious with them. Call and tell them you want to cancel service. They then send you to a "retention" department. They start throwing minimal offers at you. A few bucks off the monthly bill, three free months of a premium channel, etc. You've got to stand firm and tell them you want to cancel. Sometimes they'll give it for free on that call. Other times you have to actually set up the cancellation - I used to set it up a few weeks out to give me time to later cancel the cancellation if needed. A few days after you set up cancellation, you should get a "we want you back" email with a # to call or a phone call from a random 800#. Call that department - they will be able to give you the free ticket. You will have to ask for it. Be polite, yet firm. I used to use a "Gee, would like to keep you guys, but money's an issue and I can get better value elsewhere . . . but free Sunday ticket would sure help."

Not only can you get free ticket, but a nice discount to boot. Took a little work, but was always worth it.

Yah I call every year and I barely get anywhere. Sometimes I get a discount but never for free. I’m also not a big yeller on the phone either.
Are you still in a contract? Personally I only do 1 year deals so that I can use that as leverage every year. One season I did cancel with dtv completely but as expected they called two days later with a ton of stuff offered to get me back. Admittedly I pay a ton every month so I could be on their sucker list.
If you argue well enough they will usually come up with free Sunday ticket plus other discounts and a visa gift card.
Good luck guys Just keep trying and you should get what you want.

Are you still in a contract? Personally I only do 1 year deals so that I can use that as leverage every year. One season I did cancel with dtv completely but as expected they called two days later with a ton of stuff offered to get me back. Admittedly I pay a ton every month so I could be on their sucker list.
If you argue well enough they will usually come up with free Sunday ticket plus other discounts and a visa gift card.
Good luck guys Just keep trying and you should get what you want.
No contract. I just have to call every year for pricing because there offers only last 12 months. It’s a constant haggle

I love these threads where the OP makes a confusing post and then never comments again.
My bad, the letter I got from DTV suggested it was an across the board policy (NFL Sunday Ticket free for everyone). I live in Virginia so its a bigger deal for me. As for the other stuff if still cryptic lmk, although I think plenty of the SR Forum "heard" me announce my disgust for the Rams NFCCG and my renunciation of the regular season until I am given back what was stolen.

I just got off the phone with DTV to cancel the Sunday Ticket Early Renewal because I'm not paying for something that may not happen. There was no mention of it being free, and I saw this thread after the fact. The rep did give me the 1G service for the same price as we were paying for the 100Mbps, and HBO+HBO Max comes along with it for free. I don't need 1G, have never even come close to using the 100Mbps but free is free. BTW I do know we haven't come close to the 100Mbps because my company makes the black boxes ATT puts in homes, and I know how to access it and see tx/rx rates. With 4 people home, working and school with video conferences, max we hit was low 80's.

I got it free for about 5-6 years in a row by just calling them and telling them I was dropping directv. I only had it because I was living in Houston at the time.

I got it free when I moved back home to Mississippi, but the following year they wouldn't budge so I dropped Sunday Ticket because I could see every Saints game.

I'm curious ... which VPN (brand) do you use? There are a ton of choices out there.

I use IPVanish for several years now and have had zero issues or lag time.

Playstation Vue is an option for streaming the NFL. FUBO as well.

Now if you wish to go the "underground" route, there is always those IPTV services that you pay a monthly subscription (some as low as $8 monthly) & never miss a NFL game. Most of these applications are used with either a gaming device (Nvidia shield/playstation) or a Amazon 4k Firestick.

I have been paying for the Sunday Ticket streaming service for years. It was so bad last year, I usually used "other means" to get the games because it was better than the Sunday Ticket stream.

I have used ExpressVPN for years. I even used them in China to get around the "Great Firewall" and was able to get Gmail, Google Maps and Facebook. I even hot spotted my phone and ran other people through my VPN so they could get to sites and content that was restricted in China.

Do an internet search for "tiananmen square and tank" and you get VERY different results inside of China if you use a VPN and Google or not.

You guys pay to watch sports?

crackstreams.com

you are welcome!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom