Directv (1 Viewer)

I have directv and I have been very pleased. Picture quality is great, service is good, and I don't have to deal with Cox. Slowness of the receivers can be an issue, but often you can talk them into an upgrade, and/or a reboot can help with that.

Yes, the channel layout is a pain. You can set a custom layout, though (hide unwanted) and you can also hotkey 9 channels to your remote.

On demand actually does download over the internet (it would be way too slow over satellite), so it's limited by your internet speed. I don't watch it much, but I haven't had a problem with it (although I'm on a speedy wired connection).

There is a search function that I use occasionally. It's slow, but it works.

So, yeah, I'm happy with it. I like the whole home DVR, too. Between my 3 DVRs, I can record up to 6 shows (although the end result is that I just end up recording the same show on three different boxes).

I'm with you. I've had no issues with Direct TV I just do a custom channel layout cutting out all the stuff that is useless and I only see the channels I care about.

On the other hand, I had nothing but issue for the years that I dealt with Cox. And, based on my brother's Cox system, I'd never go back to them. Their system is antiquated and as usual, their customer service is terrible.

I switched from Directv to FIOS to save $. I miss my DTV.

Two things I dont like about DTV... 1: Price increases, but what provider doesn't increase? 2: Slow *** recievers

Everyone keep in mind, that "free upgrade" requires a 2 year contract. Essentially getting new service without the monthly discount. It's crap. I enjoy no contract and the thought I can cancel any time.

Direct TV isn't the only ones who have limited their On Demand for television shows. I have been trying to watch episodes of many popular programs and they only have last few episodes. Amazon and Hulu must be paying them off.

Direct TV isn't the only ones who have limited their On Demand for television shows. I have been trying to watch episodes of many popular programs and they only have last few episodes. Amazon and Hulu must be paying them off.

I use Dish myself and love it.... you want shows from tons of different networks, go here:

Project Free TV - Watch all your favorite tv shows and movies online free

Watch movies online for free movie download at movie2k.to

TUBE+ Watch TV Shows for free

What I like about DTV that cox, eatel or att don't have is the ability to hide Standard Def duplicits.. the other all have two completely different set channels, for instance, fox 44 SD is channel 6, Fox 44 HD is 744. DTV you can choose to hide all SD duplicates. So if a channel has an HD and SD channel, it only displays the HD. Even if you want to see both, they are together as CH 44, not on two separate parts of the guide..

Only great thing about DTV, is NFL sunday ticket. Idk why anyone else would have it, unless they live outside of cable reach.

Only great thing about DTV, is NFL sunday ticket. Idk why anyone else would have it, unless they live outside of cable reach.

Because Cox Cable is terrible and so are Comcast an any of the other cable companies.

The only issue I've had with Direct TV in 7 years is that a power adapter went bad. They came out and replaced it within a couple days. And, following every hurricane or tropical storm, I had TV several days before any of my neighbors who relied on cable. It has it's issues, but Direct TV is a a viable alternative to cable and in most ways, just better.

Its a love hate thing for me and DTV. I think if my local cable companies offered Sunday ticket, id be gone. I hate having to haggle with DTV for better pricing every year for Sunday ticket.

BTW, Google your receivers model number and you may find several tricks and stuff you can do ti make your box work faster. I changed my remote back to IR and it made a big difference.

If you have your dtv hooked up to your network, just download the remote control app on your phone. Has zero delay..
Also like if I want to record something and I'm not home, I can just use the dtv app to set the dvr. Maybe cox has this now, dunno. Also can stream movies and shows through the app..

Once I found a local sports bar I liked a couple of seasons ago I cut the cord.

DirecTV was fine compared to cable or other pay $1500-2400/year (with NFL Sunday Ticket and movie channel) services.

I've just switched to pure streaming. I didn't watch enough shows or care about seeing them right as they came out to keep forking over all that cash. I'd already had accounts with Netflix and others for when I travel, so it was pretty much pure savings. If it hadn't been for Sunday Ticket, and knowing I'd be happy without, I probably would have cut the cord 2-3 years before.

Im moving back to New Orleans in August after a decade away. It never occurred to me that Uverse TV would not be available in New Orleans yet as its been in every city I have visited/lived in and even my friends in Houma say they have had it for at least 5 years. Does anyone have any idea when Uverse TV service is supposed to hit new orleans?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom