Disagreement: Bush for Jones-Drew (1 Viewer)

Sad Sad Sad some of you will not be able to live these types of statements down after this season. None of this talk was out there when we went to the NFC championship game. I think it's pretty patheic myself. Remember to post on SR next season when he grabs 2000 plus total yards.

Jones-Drew's current contract is $2.75 million for 4 years; as all Saints fans should know, Reggie Bush's is 6 years for $62 million. J-D had over 1,100 yards of total offense last year (not including ST returns); Reggie had less than 1,000 and was not nearly as effective on ST as J-D. Why would Jacksonville want to trade him for someone who produced fewer yards but whom they would have to pay tons more money to? Would a GM really make that deal? Now, don't get me wrong, I would love to see Reggie double J-D's production next year. I have nothing against him and only want to see him and the Saints succeed.

Maurice Jones-Drew

Jones-Drew's current contract is $2.75 million for 4 years; as all Saints fans should know, Reggie Bush's is 6 years for $62 million. J-D had over 1,100 yards of total offense last year (not including ST returns); Reggie had less than 1,000 and was not nearly as effective on ST as J-D. Why would Jacksonville want to trade him for someone who produced fewer yards but whom they would have to pay tons more money to? Would a GM really make that deal? Now, don't get me wrong, I would love to see Reggie double J-D's production next year. I have nothing against him and only want to see him and the Saints succeed.

Maurice Jones-Drew

While we maybe differ on MJD VS RB

Saints Succeed BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You got JG

Salary no object, you still have to go with MJD because of his production.

I have a hard time believing that a RB that can't run between the tackles for 2 years can suddenly learn to run between the tackles. I hope it happens... it can happen, and in fact it has happened before. However, odds are probably slightly against it happening.

Not a knock at all against JD. Don't want to reshuffle the deck on offense. Last season was tough to swallow, but I see a lot of mistakes being corrected this year. Better play calling, wiser use of the players on the roster and, yes, a more successful running year from Reggie (not that is was horrific as some seem to think it was). Reggie is a much better fit in our offense than JD, IMHO. We have a wiser staff and team, they've done a good job in the offseason with what was available in free agency. Pierre Thomas has shown he is a keeper and may prove to be much more than depth. We need a solid draft and get that positive team chemistry we had two seasons ago.

Nah. Gonna stay with Reggie.

I've said it once and i will say it again, Reggie is my guy when he has 30 carries for 8 yds or 3 carries for 300 i will eat the crow when i must but i back him. I'm so tired of people turning on the guy that helped turn this franchise around and get it to the NFC Championship. In my opinion if you don't support Reggie, then its hard to see how you can support this team. There are certain players on this team that as a real fan you back no matter how they perform (Brees, Deuce, Bush, Colston). I don't care if Brees throws 5 ints, Deuce tears both acls, Colston drops 15 passes, and Bush trips over his shoelaces a real fan of this team supports those four. There are just too many people on this board that were all for Bush in his rookie year when he was helping us get through the playoffs, but when things turned sour the following season many jumped off the bandwagon.

IMO they were never on the bandwagon they were just fans when everything was going good and the team was winning.I think they are called bandwagon fans because they jump off at the first sight of trouble.

935 yards on 250 attempt = 3.7 YPC.
1256 yards on 142 receptions = 8.8 YPP

What are these #s? Tiki's first THREE combined years in the NFL .

Everyone knows the story after that.

And that Reggie kid....

1146 on 312 attempts = 3.7 YPC.
1159 yards on 161 receptions = 7.2 YPP

In two years.

I definitely agree with you and in fact, Bush is on pace to have a much better career than Tiki Barber, which is quite awesome.

more people need to know this and calm down.

Back in the day, before the Saints, my father didn't pull for any particular NFL team. He pulled for whatever team had drafted his favorite SEC players.

Similarly, there's always the option of jumping onto the Jacksonville bandwagon, for those who adore Maurice Jones-Drew and simply can't stand Reggie, for whatever reason. :9:

Back in the day, before the Saints, my father didn't pull for any particular NFL team. He pulled for whatever team had drafted his favorite SEC players.

Similarly, there's always the option of jumping onto the Jacksonville bandwagon, for those who adore Maurice Jones-Drew and simply can't stand Reggie, for whatever reason. :9:

Nice

Sad Sad Sad some of you will not be able to live these types of statements down after this season.

I think all that most of us are saying that MJD has out produced Reggie in the first 2 years. Those are just facts, and they won't change if Reggie gets 2000 total yards in 2008. (I hope you are right about the 2000 yards!)

Unless we can trade JAX entire OL with MJD it wouldn't matter. Last year we had 1 good run blocking offensive linemen on the starting unit(Evans). You can tell me until you're blue in the face that MJD outproduced Reggie, so that makes MJD better, but I saw holes the size of trucks at least once a game for MJD to run through every game, that's one more than I saw the whole of last year for Reggie.

JAX OL (run blocking) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NO OL (run blocking)........this makes this entire thread useless, IMO. I won't even bring Reggie's affect on his teammates into play in this thread......

G RuAtt. RuYds. RuAvg. RuTDs RecRec RecYds. RecAvg. RecTDs

28 312 1146 3.7 10 161 1159 7.2 4

35 484 1927 4.03 12 61 644 11 3

Difference
7 172 781 0.33 2 100 515 3.8 1

The first row are Reggie's stats thru his 1st 28 games...can you guess who's stats are on the second row (1st 35 games)?

I got one for you...

Reggie Bush's career age at 22: 28 games/ 3.7 yards per rush/161 catches/ 17 total TDs including post season/ 5 fumbles lost

Player A's career at age of 22: 16 games/3.6 yards per rush/ 59 catches/ 10 total TDs/5 fumbles lost

Guess player A: Hint: he is pretty good.

Sad Sad Sad some of you will not be able to live these types of statements down after this season. None of this talk was out there when we went to the NFC championship game. I think it's pretty patheic myself. Remember to post on SR next season when he grabs 2000 plus total yards.

I'm with you on this 100%!! Reggie is going to go off next year. No way would i trade for Drew, no chance!!

CHI-TOWNSAINT I saw holes the size of trucks at least once a game for MJD to run through every game, that's one more than I saw the whole of last year for Reggie.

Wonder if Reggie would have waited for those holes, or broke it outside? :hihi:

I won't even bring Reggie's affect on his teammates into play in this thread......

I do give Reggie credit for trying to get things right with the team by participating in workouts this year. To my way of thinking, if he gets out there and sweats with the hogs, they will be more likely to bust their hump for him on game day.

If MJD has an off year and Reggie has a big one, he could pass him up for productivity for the first 3 years. I would be delighted if that happened!

Last edited:
Wonder if Reggie would have waited for those holes, or broke it outside?!

Considering those holes were consistently there all year for Jones Drew and weren't for Reggie, I think Reggie would have trusted his Linemen and followed the play call. Of course I'm speculating, but it looked like Reggie didn't trust his OL would open the holes last year.

My biggest concern is after the terrible run blocking year we had last year, we have added zero players to our team on the OL.:1zhelp:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom