Discontinued/Unavailable beers-Do you miss any of them? (1 Viewer)

where yat brah

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gulf Breeze, FL via NOLA via Donaldsonville/Frankl
Falstaff, Strohs and Hamms (still around but not in the SE), Red White & Blue (used to drink this in high school), Blatz and Champale are all I can think of. Any others?

Falstaff-Beer-225x300.jpg

RWB.jpg

sparkling-extra-dry-champale-malt-liquor-beer-can-c4601.jpg

blatz_beer_ad.jpg

There was a beer called mississippi mud that i really liked and drank for a few months then i never saw it again.

labatts was running a" 6-pack of 16 ouncers for 3.50" special for the past few months.

now that i'm hooked they raised the price to 4.99.

discontinued as far as im concerned.

-

th

Growing up my dad's buisness was a Falstaff distributor, which we always had a keg on tap at the house and it was the first beer I really tasted. It was some good stuff.

Growing up my dad's buisness was a Falstaff distributor, which we always had a keg on tap at the house and it was the first beer I really tasted. It was some good stuff.

I'll always remember the commercials for Falstaff...one in particular in the 60s had my dad rollin laughing...it talked about the brewmaster "Papa Joe Griesedieck" and how he would make the fine brew...glad I found it on wiki cause many thought I was pulling errr...making it up...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griesedieck_Brothers_beer

2372757432_0a1fe3cd08_z.jpg

They have it a couple of places around the US. I had a few in San Antonio at an Irish pub on the Riverwalk and a few at the Irish pub in Downtown Disney, but that's it.

My favorite beer ever. That's all I drank when I was in the Marines and at port overseas.

Anybody remember Malt Duck? It came in Red Grape, White Grape and Apple flavor (pre wine cooler time). Not the best tasting beer by any means, but when I was not of drinking age, it was the easiest beer to get.

We would have parties where we filled a kiddie pool with ice and a couple of cases of it. We called it the Duck Pond. You always put your empty back under the ice and if someone pulled an empty, it was considered a decoy. Like I said, we were under age teens. It was funny back then.

1002_front_zpsf698464a.jpg

This is the age of beer.....I'm not sure how you could miss any old beer right now, unless it was sentimental for some reason.

So many crappy old beers so little time. Mickey's Big Mouth was an adolescent favorite, Old Style, Schlitz, Dixie, it goes on and on. And we only had a fraction in the South of what they had up north.

Lowenbrau.jpg

I suppose it's possible that this is still around, but I haven't seen it in ages. Winn Dixie used to have it on sale now and then at a good price and I would drink it fairly regularly. I would certainly pick up a 12 pack now for nostalgia's sake if I ran into it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom