discounting injury and illness, which player do you think holds the biggest key to a successful season (1 Viewer)

Outside of Davenport or Rankins I think it is CGJ. If he can build upon last season and see the field more I think NOs defense goes from really good to special

My instinct is to name Drew because he truly is the guy who makes things run on offense. However, I do believe, as has been noted, that it is the OL, particularly Ruiz and McCoy who are needed to give him time to find his outstanding receivers.

I’m perplexed by those saying it’s Drew although it’s probably just different ways of interpreting the question. I didn’t aim for it to be, who is the most important or it likely would always be Drew. And I’m stating that we are fairly healthy so I’m assuming that Brees is playing in his usual manner. And yet, he has played outstanding in years and we have come up short of success for other reasons. It’s not likely that he could improve much more at this point to make up for others so, though he is the most important part of the puzzle, he isn’t necessarily the biggest key to having success where it has not been recently found.

On defense, I’d say Davenport. Any kind of pass rush support off the edge would be great

On offense, it’s whoever plays center this year, McCoy or Ruiz. You protect the middle of the line, that means good things for the run and the pass.

Barring Injury, all of our Saints players will finish the season uninjured.

It’s a discussion topic which is kind of what Is done on discussion forums. Or used to be. If the reason for stating that isn’t obvious enough it’s because you can’t discuss injuries that haven’t happened yet. Concerns about depth is another great topic and it’s one we discuss at length, on other threads.

Since QBs can single-handedly win or lose games by untimely mistakes, going to say Brees. Aside from QB, I think Davenport, Emmanual Sanders, and both of the Jenkins are all good choices.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom