Disguising coverages... (1 Viewer)

The AntiDitka

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
While I was watching the Colts game vs the Chargers, I saw the Colts motion a man across the line pulling a CB with him and of course this is going to indicate to Manning that it is man coverage which in turn makes him really aware of the secondaries scheme, so I was asking myself, SELF, is there any way to disguise your coverage against motioning so Manning will see man but be suprised when it is zone?

What do you guys think, is there a Defense that we can implement for the Saints, or is there a Defense that exists that can disguise our coverage against motioning or a Great QB like a Brees or Manning?

Well, as far as disguising defenses, I do remember the Jets moving their entire defense around during the season (especially their D-line) and it worked. I was thinking, "Man, I wish the Saints would do that instead of just standing there and letting the QB read them like a book."

Good point, I guess we would need a more advance scheme, when I watch Saints games, it seems as if our D firmly plant themselves and NEVER MOVE OR DISGUISE BLITZES.

Good point, I guess we would need a more advance scheme, when I watch Saints games, it seems as if our D firmly plant themselves and NEVER MOVE OR DISGUISE BLITZES.

Well, isn't that due to Gibbs and his coaching...? We've seen two years of this junk. The only difference is that we had a little better pass rush in '06.

I remember watching the Bills line up on 3rd downs having no one with their hand on the ground. The QB and OL don't know which way the pressure is gonna come from. I thought it was interesting and disguised their defense. Of course, they didn't use it every down. I think we need to upgrade our D to the point where we don't have to disguise things in order to stop an opponent. That would be refreshing...

In order to disguise a blitz, we'd have to actually blitz occasionally. Unfortunately, blitzing is covered on page 2 of "NFL Defense for Dummies". Gibbs is still working through page 1.

I remember watching the Bills line up on 3rd downs having no one with their hand on the ground. The QB and OL don't know which way the pressure is gonna come from. I thought it was interesting and disguised their defense. Of course, they didn't use it every down. I think we need to upgrade our D to the point where we don't have to disguise things in order to stop an opponent. That would be refreshing...

It does burn when you see other teams with more complicated Defenses moving around and causing havoc on the QB, the last time I can fully remember us causing just chaos with our D was durring the Monday night Falcons game. Hopefully, our new D line coach with tell Gibbs....yawwyaww yaww yaww Scott Fujita, yah yaww yaaaawww! Translation: "Lets blitz Scot Fujitat from the blindside after overloading the strong side!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom