Disney Begins Layoffs and Crazy Ike at Marvel is Gone (1 Viewer)

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Posting this here since it doesn't affect the MCU. However, Iger has begun layoffs at the Mouse and Crazy Ike is gone...

Last edited:
Hard to believe how close he got to canning Feige and Feige heading off to DC.

Perlmutter seems like an old bag of bad ideas. This has to be good for Marvel. According to this article
1. Perlmutter had tried to fire Kevin Feige. Strike one. Probably the reason DC is so bad at movies, they listen to the billionaire in the room instead of the people that love the source material.
2. Iger claimed in his 2019 memoir that he had to order Perlmutter to stop “putting up roadblocks” to films starring Marvel’s female and Black superheroes. Strike two and really self-explanatory.
3. Perlmutter accused Disney of being too focused on ticket sales and revenues while letting costs get out of control. “All they talk about is box office, box office,” Perlmutter said. Strike three! Ummm what? He'd prefer to put out an inferior product if it means more revenue but less ticket sales if the movies aren't as good. That's reason enough to get rid of this guy.

Kind of sad when a movie that makes less than a billion dollars is considered a failure

One of those changes includes slashing the company’s spending on Marvel and Star Wars-related content. As for why, Iger says the influx of Marvel TV shows “diluted focus and attention,” on its films, resulting in disappointing performances at the box office.

Kind of sad when a movie that makes less than a billion dollars is considered a failure

One of those changes includes slashing the company’s spending on Marvel and Star Wars-related content. As for why, Iger says the influx of Marvel TV shows “diluted focus and attention,” on its films, resulting in disappointing performances at the box office.
Iger's in, then he's out, then he's in ... and now supposed in for another 3 years. I'm guessing Bob's not REALLY an ideaologue but more a bottom-line guy; and apparently Disney's board is okay with that? Really hard impossible to be both but these companies be trying it.

Perlmutter seems like an old bag of bad ideas. This has to be good for Marvel. According to this article
1. Perlmutter had tried to fire Kevin Feige. Strike one. Probably the reason DC is so bad at movies, they listen to the billionaire in the room instead of the people that love the source material.
2. Iger claimed in his 2019 memoir that he had to order Perlmutter to stop “putting up roadblocks” to films starring Marvel’s female and Black superheroes. Strike two and really self-explanatory.
3. Perlmutter accused Disney of being too focused on ticket sales and revenues while letting costs get out of control. “All they talk about is box office, box office,” Perlmutter said. Strike three! Ummm what? He'd prefer to put out an inferior product if it means more revenue but less ticket sales if the movies aren't as good. That's reason enough to get rid of this guy.
Good riddance on all counts.

Disney is creatively bankrupt. Kathleen Kennedy has tanked Lucasfilm, 3 franchises have gone to dog doodoo. Starwars, Willow and now Indiana Jones. None of their live remakes are any good, the MCU is a borefest. They need to go in a completely different direction creatively. It's going to take Robert Downy Jr. coming back to spark the MCU at this point. I'm not saying certain shows or marvel movies aren't good or have their moments, its just boring at this point and it shows with the disappointment of many of the disney+ shows.

Out of all the superhero stuff, the only one people are generally excited for is season 4 of The Boys.

I saw complaints on Twitter about the new Disney live action “Snow White and the 7 Dwarves” movie. People were complaining about Snow White being Hispanic, but my gripe is that they only have one dwarf. I’m like, wth? How does nobody catch that the story requires 7 dwarves? There are certainly more than 7 dwarves in Hollywood looking for work, so why not cast them?

Disney is creatively bankrupt. Kathleen Kennedy has tanked Lucasfilm, 3 franchises have gone to dog doodoo. Starwars, Willow and now Indiana Jones. None of their live remakes are any good, the MCU is a borefest. They need to go in a completely different direction creatively. It's going to take Robert Downy Jr. coming back to spark the MCU at this point. I'm not saying certain shows or marvel movies aren't good or have their moments, its just boring at this point and it shows with the disappointment of many of the disney+ shows.

Out of all the superhero stuff, the only one people are generally excited for is season 4 of The Boys.
What studio/streamer is doing it the right way, atm?

Paramount with Picard, Discovery, SNW? Personally, I can't wait for more Loki, Mando, and Ahsoka.
Yeah, Disney has had their share of issues, but I'm honestly not all that disappointed with the recent offerings from SW and Marvel. I mean, I've enjoyed Mando, Obi-Wan, Andor and really looking forward to Ahsoka from SW and from Marvel, Loki, Falcon & Winter Soldier, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel and enjoying Secret Invasion. I think timing and pace matter and Marvel was probably putting too much out too fast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom