Disney for Mardi Gras... weather? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Those who have visited during Mardi Gras, how is the weather? Did you wear shorts every day?

I know the weather can change, but curious how it was when others went. We are in the process of building our house and it's taking twice as long as we thought... most of my clothes is in storage where I can't get to (bad move). I know here, it can be freezing and hot in 2 days. Do they get the same cold spells or not really?

Those who have visited during Mardi Gras, how is the weather? Did you wear shorts every day?

I know the weather can change, but curious how it was when others went. We are in the process of building our house and it's taking twice as long as we thought... most of my clothes is in storage where I can't get to (bad move). I know here, it can be freezing and hot in 2 days. Do they get the same cold spells or not really?

I go at least every other Mardi Gras. The weather is a mixed bag, but generally I wear a t-shirt and shorts, but I pack a windbreaker and wind pants in the back pack. I usually need the wind breaker each morning and each evening, but I generally only need the wind pants if it's windy, maybe 1 day per trip.

Still February this year. Orlando weather is probably still quite variable at the time of year so you'd probably be best to wait until a couple of days before you leave to see what the forecast is.

But February is more likely to be chilly than late March, for instance.

just pay attention as you get closer.

we went like 4 years ago in an unseasonbly warm winter and it was in the upper 70s/low 80s and humid the whole trip.

I think packing a pair of jeans and light windbreaker you should be fine for evenings.

Late Feb.. probably cold. Orlando is about 10 degrees colder than South Florida that time of year. The problem is when cold fronts go across the US, they only sometimes dip to Florida.. and if that's the case, the dip usually only goes as far as Orlando or just a bit south. So, the weather can be variable... more so than usual.

There's also a chance it can be a bit wet.

The good news, is that it likely won't be 98F, raining hard in the afternoon and absolutely miserable where you hate lines, people, and eventually your family. :hihi:

But to liken it to New Orleans.. same swings, but not quite as cold.

I haven't been for Mardi Gras but we did go the first week of Feb in 2014. It rained everyday except for one day. It wasn't pouring rain thunderstorms, more of a light drizzle. It was also pretty chilly, staying in the 50's most of the time. The lines were very short though.

Last year was cold and windy. We did not wear shorts at all during the week. MG is later this year, so may be better. Like others said, just pay attention as you get closer.

My family and I will be going over Mardi Gras as well and everything we have gathered from friends that live in the area is that the weather is perfect that time of year. It can get cool, but shorts and long sleeves is possible. Besides the fact that you do so much walking in Disney as it is, i'll definitely want to be comfortable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom